Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil: Deadly Silence - Official Thread

1. I'd rather they were doing this on PSP. DS just isn't powerful enough.

Of course, to a much larger degree, I'd rather they would do this for PS3 (or whatever next-gen console) where it can look as good as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    Of course, to a much larger degree, I'd rather they would do this for PS3 (or whatever next-gen console) where it can look as good as possible.
    Yeah. I'm trying not to be pissed about how few good console games are coming out in comparison to the DS announcements.

3. The same crap has been going on for years - instead of getting a new, potentially amazing 2D Castlevania on PS2, we've gotten these crummy Game Boy ones.

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    The same crap has been going on for years - instead of getting a new, potentially amazing 2D Castlevania on PS2, we've gotten these crummy Game Boy ones.
    You had to play the Castlevania card. No, IGA, I did not say Castlevania card game...

5. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    The same crap has been going on for years - instead of getting a new, potentially amazing 2D Castlevania on PS2, we've gotten these crummy Game Boy ones.
    I really don't think they would have made another 2D CV on consoles, even if handhelds didn't exist. We'd have just gotten maybe a couple more crappy 3D ones than we already have. I'll take the 2 out of 3 great GBA ones over that.

6. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Circle and Harmony were mediocre, but Aria was great, and Dawn looks to fix the few problems Aria had.

And Metroid II was one of the few games to actually feel creepy to me. It definitely has the most oppressive atmosphere of any game in the series, and that's at least partially due to the limitations of the original Gameboy. However, unless REDS is going to be minimalist black and white, I doubt the comparison holds much water.

7. Is every DS thread going to be this retarded? "Wahhh, the hardware lets it have more interesting gameplay ideas than anything else, but the graphics are from 5 years ago. I'm going to bitch about it and say I wish it was on PSP, uh, I mean "Gamecube," and had marginally better graphics and a sub-PS1 single analogue control scheme, because that would make it 10x more fun!! This is bullshit! You said I could have any game I wanted Sony, and you lied!! I want some motherfukkin' chocolate milk!!"

Because really, if so, I want you guys to go into every single Xbox, Gamecube, PSP, PS2, Xbox 360, Revolution and PS3 thread and gripe about how the game is inadequate because it isn't running on a Nasa level supercomputer. Because clearly, games are being held back by behind-the-curve hardware.

Shut up already.

Also, while I've had 4 hours of sleep and I'm ranting:

Nobody's making you play this game in a rainbow-filled spring meadow any more than you have to hook up your tv on the gazebo and play RE4 on a sunny Sunday afternoon, jackass.

If this is more powerful hardware than the first three games ran on, how can it be inadequte? "Blah blah 3D walls blah blah" yeah, I'm sure Capcom hadn't thought of that. If only Ocarina of Time was able to generate some form of atmosphere 10 years ago on hardware less powerful than DS.

Metroid Prime Hunters controls just fine. If you'd spent 10-20 minutes with it - Ie. gotten through the whole demo 2-3 times, instead of 30 seconds in EB while some fat kid with a Pokemon backpack is drooling on your sleeve, the control scheme would feel second nature. It pretty much exactly replicates digital movement and mouselook. Unless I'm some kind of stylus god because I can whip straight through it without getting hit.

I'm sure there's more, but I need to lie down...
    -Kyo

8. Yeah, but you see, it's not the PSP.

9. I'm sure Capcom hadn't thought of that.
    Capcom thinks of a lot of things, that doesnt mean anything.

10. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    Is every DS thread going to be this retarded? "Wahhh, the hardware lets it have more interesting gameplay ideas than anything else, but the graphics are from 5 years ago. I'm going to bitch about it and say I wish it was on PSP, uh, I mean "Gamecube," and had marginally better graphics and a sub-PS1 single analogue control scheme, because that would make it 10x more fun!! This is bullshit! You said I could have any game I wanted Sony, and you lied!! I want some motherfukkin' chocolate milk!!"

Because really, if so, I want you guys to go into every single Xbox, Gamecube, PSP, PS2, Xbox 360, Revolution and PS3 thread and gripe about how the game is inadequate because it isn't running on a Nasa level supercomputer. Because clearly, games are being held back by behind-the-curve hardware.

Shut up already.

Also, while I've had 4 hours of sleep and I'm ranting:

Nobody's making you play this game in a rainbow-filled spring meadow any more than you have to hook up your tv on the gazebo and play RE4 on a sunny Sunday afternoon, jackass.

If this is more powerful hardware than the first three games ran on, how can it be inadequte? "Blah blah 3D walls blah blah" yeah, I'm sure Capcom hadn't thought of that. If only Ocarina of Time was able to generate some form of atmosphere 10 years ago on hardware less powerful than DS.

Metroid Prime Hunters controls just fine. If you'd spent 10-20 minutes with it - Ie. gotten through the whole demo 2-3 times, instead of 30 seconds in EB while some fat kid with a Pokemon backpack is drooling on your sleeve, the control scheme would feel second nature. It pretty much exactly replicates digital movement and mouselook. Unless I'm some kind of stylus god because I can whip straight through it without getting hit.

I'm sure there's more, but I need to lie down...
    Dude, chill out. Sounds like some rest would be wise.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.