Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Videos on HD to TV?

1. Videos on HD to TV?

I have movies on my external harddrive but I would like to watch them on my TV without having to burn them onto CD/DVD and than use my player. Is there a device that would allow me to do this without having to buy a new videocard with TV-out?
    Last edited by bandit; 05 Jul 2005 at 07:06 PM.

2. you could stream them with a modded xbox.

3. You could also buy one of thoe RGB->Composite converters
    "The only way microsoft would make something that doesn't suck is if they made vacuums"

4. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    you could stream them with a modded xbox.
    Dont have a xbox and wouldnt go out and buy one just for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Psx
    You could also buy one of thoe RGB->Composite converters
    Any link to this?

5. behold, Froogle
    "The only way microsoft would make something that doesn't suck is if they made vacuums"

6. Thanks but I was looking for more info also..

Anyone know if the VGA to Scan converter any good? If so, which one? http://www.videohelp.com/play#tv

Quote Originally Posted by bandit
    Dont have a xbox and wouldnt go out and buy one just for that.
    You should. Its really quite fantastic.

8. You can find ATI video cars with TV out on Ebay for dirt cheap. I got my last one for like $20..
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

9. A modded xbox is the best way to do this. Anything else is terribly inconvenient and not worth the trouble.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

10. Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Tallarico
    A modded xbox is the best way to do this. Anything else is terribly inconvenient and not worth the trouble.
    Yeah. This is really the easiest way. You dont even need to drop a bigger HD in if you network your xbox and use workgroup shares..
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin