Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gaming on a Monitor (non PC gaming)

1. PC Gaming on a Monitor (non PC gaming)

Does anybody other than myself play games on their computer monitor other than PC/Mac games?

I use the XRGB2+ for RGB through my monitor, I use the Dreamcast VGA box, I use a converter to play progressive scan games on the current systems. As the new systems drop I will utilize the VGA (or other format) output of Xbox 360, PS3 and Revolution. Do any of you guys play non-computer games through a monitor? I'm just curious if anybody else finds value in all of the next-gen systems having video-out options for computer monitors. I, personally, can't wait, but it may mean I have to constantly move my systems around until they drop in price and I can buy two...

2. I'm afraid that if I start playing games in high def on my PC monitor that I'll never be able to play on my standard def TV without thinking how much better it would look in HD. It's like going back to VHS after DVD, I just can't do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

3. Actually, I've played console games (Xbox, DC) on my monitor (a 19" Samsung Flatscreen SyncMaster 955DF) as an alternative solution when the main TV is being occupied or have an itch to play emulated Capcom fighters. Although I appreciate the value of a shaper resolution, I am just too lazy to go through the trouble of making it a routine and shuffling systems around.

By the way, Ammadeau just finished covering a VGA product that allows you to play Xbox games through your PC monitor. It's manufactured by a company called Neoya.
    Last edited by bahn; 09 Jul 2005 at 07:01 PM.

4. I don't even own a television anymore, and the last one I owned had VGA inputs.
    I can't stand the cropped image, blurry pixels, and sloppy colour that most televisions produce.
    Even the best HDTV is inferior to a good monitor.

The XRGB2+ is a great little gadget, and although I just sold mine recently, I highly recommend it to anyone who still plays consoles without native VGA support.

As far as the next generation of systems is concerned, I'm thrilled with the support for VGA, and I really hope that resolutions higher than 640x480 are supported.
    I think letterboxed 720p is a no-brainer, though.

5. Quote Originally Posted by bahn
    By the way, Ammadeau just finished covering a VGA product that allows you to play Xbox games through your PC monitor. It's manufactured by a company called Neoya.
    First, you stink at linking to your own content. Second, there's another Xbox VGA adapter made by VDigi if you're interested in doing a comparison review.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

6. I use the VDigi and it fucking rules.

Seriously.

7. This isn't quite the same, but does anybody play games through a capture card? I'm kinda looking into it.

8. I've heard it doesn't support true 1080p.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

9. Quote Originally Posted by Tain
    This isn't quite the same, but does anybody play games through a capture card? I'm kinda looking into it.
    Opaque did it to do his Halo 2 video. Mr. Whitefolks also has similar technology, as well as a robot dog. It rules.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

10. Quote Originally Posted by Tain
    This isn't quite the same, but does anybody play games through a capture card? I'm kinda looking into it.
    I do it for any games I want to take screen caps of. Screen quality is pretty poor that way in s-video, but it could just be my card. Things always look a bit washed out.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2