E3-goers get to meet their favorite borders

Activision has announced that Olympic medalists Ross Powers and Jarret (JJ) Thomas have been added to their Activison O2 roster, and will be featured in their upcoming Shaun Palmers Pro Snowborder 2. Currently in development by Treyarch, <i>Shaun Palmers Pro Snowborder 2[</i> will be released for the Xbox and Playstation 2 later this year. A Game Boy Advance revision is also in the works, which will be developed by Vicarious Visions.

"Our partnership with these athletes underscores Activision's commitment to delivering the highest level of authenticity in our action sports games across all genres," said Kathy Vrabeck, executive vice president global publishing and brand management, Activision. "These athletes bring an unparalleled level of energy and enthusiasm to snowboarding and we are pleased to have them as a part of our Activision O2 line-up."

Ross Powers and Jarret Thomas have won the gold and bronze medals respectively in the Men’s Half-pipe. They will be joining a host of other borders, such as six-time winter X games gold medallist Shaun Palmer as well as Tommy Czeschin, Ingemar Backman, Jimmy Halapoff, Kier Dillon, Leslee Olson, Shaun White and Tara Dakides. In addition, each athlete that is featured in <i>Pro Snowborder 2</i> will be at Activision’s booth this E3 (which is going on now, for the uninitiated).