Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: First time with P.N.03

1. Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    P.N.03 got marketing?

Yeah, dude. Even tv ads.

2. OK, now that I finally got the hang of the energy driver I bought the Gullwing driver and man...does it ever kick booty.

Quote Originally Posted by Sl1p
    It's marketed towards people who enjoy going on and on about how much they love horrible games in order to be indie.

Just like Ico fans. (SNAPS!)
    Or it's the type of game for borderline mainstreamers to rag on so they can feel like they have a hipster-ironic sense of "irreverant" humor towards "niche" games. Yoink!

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold
    Yeah, dude. Even tv ads.
    Dang, where is that site that has all the sweet game ads archived? Lost the link, shoulda had it bookmarked. It had everything from Japanese Metroid ads to Bonk tv spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold
    Yeah, dude. Even tv ads.
    you serious?

4. Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    you serious?
    Maybe I'm losing my mind, but I swear to god I saw one.

5. I've yet to play the game, but I did get it on the cheap. I've seen several copies of the game in the $9.99 bin at Circuit City.

6. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Good to see you guys know what makes a game good - the style.
    I don't see what's so wrong about this. Style alone can't save a horrible-playing game, but it can certainly elevate a game to greatness. It's kind of like the new War of the Worlds movie. I really enjoyed it, and I didn't find the characters or actors compelling or interesting at all. I didn't think some of the devices used for suspense were effective either ("hide and seek" like in Jurassic Park). I still really enjoyed the movie because of the unique effect the concept and effects put together had on me.

If this is true for movies it's probably at least twice as applicable to games, which you are experiencing even more personally for a much longer amount of time. So I'd say style and atmosphere can make or break a game to the same extent that gameplay can.

7. Style alone can't save a horrible-playing game
    Ahh, so now you see the problem with PN03.

8. We already know you don't like PN03. You've said it several times, we're clear on the concept. You've insulted it time after time after time. Shut up, you're boring.

If you want to explain why you didn't like it, though, that might be interesting.

James

9. Quote Originally Posted by James
    We already know you don't like PN03. You've said it several times, we're clear on the concept. You've insulted it time after time after time. Shut up, you're boring.
    Its cute to see you defending your boyfriend, PN03.

10. PN03 is a fun little game. It's pretty shallow, but the action is great and at times the heavily rigid design makes it feel a bit like an action/puzzle game. If it were a small release at $20, it probably would have been better received than it was. Enjoyable as it is, it's not worth $50 and not worthy of being a part of some "big five."