Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 515171819

Thread: First time with P.N.03

1. Quote Originally Posted by sethsez
    I think I've lost track of who I'm mocking now. Shit.
    You're just another one of the sheeple. Oh, and You Are Not Ready.
    Time for a change

2. Quote Originally Posted by Bar81
    Well, thanks for supporting my assertion that you all are a bunch of tasteless idiots who wouldn't know quality gaming if it hit you upside your hollow little skulls. As usual, the fucking morons that comprise the masses here think that if they all agree then they must be right. You're all so dumb you don't even realize it.
    Can you explain why you love PN 03 so much, specifically, and what about it is so significant artistically. Just saying it is so does not make it so. I'm seriously asking here, no jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater
    While I'm fully with you on bashing those "hardcore" elitists that would rather see gaming as nothing but 2d Japanese developed games in three genres, I don't believe for a second that gaming is inferior overall to other entertainment media.

Video games have certainly been a weaker medium for storytelling than literature and film but there is more to art than that. Video games often excel in ways not possible by other forms of art due to their interactivity.
    Gaming has a lot of unused potential. We just get so wrapped up in guns and violence that we don't try other avenues. Right now we're like a film industry that only spouts out war epics and action flicks (I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule out there somewhere). But I agree, video games have a lot of potential to rival the artistic prowess of books and movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. This thread went from really lame to really, really awesome. I think sethsez is my new favorite poster.

4. I own Radiant Silvergun and you don't. So I'm better than you...whoever you are....

....war!

5. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    No, I get it - Bar is an idiotic shmups nerd who only talks to idiotic shmups nerds. As such, he only talks to people who scratch his back and tell him how great his taste in games is. Those people also talk about how the "sheep" ruined gaming by buying and enjoying titles in genres that weren't creatively bankrupt by 1990. Thus, this is the only game-related opinion he knows, and he will hear nothing else. He cant actually talk to someone with a different opinion or a taste in games constructively because he doesnt know how to, he can only project his overinflated sense of self-worth upon them.

He's basically a furry, but with shmups.
    Nah, he's just as stupid on shmups.com, too. Here's a recent quote of his there, talking about Raycrisis:

Quote Originally Posted by Bar81
    A festering pile of shit and an abomination. Just a slap in the face to the Ray series, that went from unassailable brilliance to mediocrity to pure feces. If you get this one do humanity a favor and destroy the CD so that it won't pollute future gaming generations. Now if I could only locate and destroy the Taito mastercopy...
    None of the other replies (even from people who hated the game) are like this. Even when talking about games people love or hate, they still manage to be pretty level-headed and intelligent... and then there's this post in the middle of it all. Bar's an anomaly there, too.
    Last edited by sethsez; 16 Jul 2005 at 09:53 PM.

6. Layer Section (don't remember the Japanese name off the top of my head) was unassailably brilliant? It was fairly decent in its way, but I wouldn't say it was great.

I too own Radiant Silvergun, and therefore am at least as great as Dylan1CC. But I also own and appreciate Kururin Squash, so am infinitely greater due not only to diversity in the collection but the obscurity of the titles in there. I'd explain further but you'd never understand my greatness, even a little.

You may not be E, but don't forget to Welcome Chang3.

James

7. I own Battlesphere, I am the LORD OF CHAOS!

8. Kururin Squash is the GC one right? How is it?

9. Quote Originally Posted by James
    Layer Section (don't remember the Japanese name off the top of my head) was unassailably brilliant? It was fairly decent in its way, but I wouldn't say it was great.

I too own Radiant Silvergun, and therefore am at least as great as Dylan1CC. But I also own and appreciate Kururin Squash, so am infinitely greater due not only to diversity in the collection but the obscurity of the titles in there. I'd explain further but you'd never understand my greatness, even a little.

You may not be E, but don't forget to Welcome Chang3.

James
    Rayforce. And yeah, I don't quite get all the love it gets from Saturn fans. It's good, bordering on great at times, but it relies way too heavily on the lock-on (and although this isn't really important, the soundtrack was one of Zuntata's weakest efforts). Raystorm and Raycrisis were definitely bad, though. The perspective kills them.

Then again, I think the best shooter on the system is Darius Gaiden (granted, I've always had a preference for horizontal shooters over vertical ones).

I only own the GBA Kururin games. You win, I guess I really am a chimp.
    Last edited by sethsez; 16 Jul 2005 at 11:05 PM.

10. Go for Kururin Squash, it's actually really good. The analog stick you have near-surgical control of the spinning stick-ship, and there's even levels where you get to play with gimmick ships. One has boxing gloves on the end, another can sink under water, and more. There are three goals to go for in each level- all coins collected, best time, and (I think) best time with no hits and a good percentage of coins.

As usual, there are extra levels strictly for time attack. I've only done a few of them but they're as fun as the regular levels, if not as colorful in the backgrounds.

Also, Kururin Squash was only $30 from Play-Asia. 100% worth it.

Play-Asia link for those who want it. It goes directly to Kururin Squash, so click with confidence.

James
    Last edited by James; 16 Jul 2005 at 11:49 PM.