Page 1 of 19 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: First time with P.N.03

1. First time with P.N.03

Well, decided to finally buy P.N.03, got a good deal on a used copy for $10 at EB and I like it a lot so far. The colors are kind of dull but everything else is so slick and stylish. I am lovin' Vanessa's choreographed robot killing so far even if the control is taking a little bit to get the hang of.

Yet another time EGM has missed the mark. Surprisingly, it's not quite the dull travesty they made it out to be. Glad I listened to folks here and on Shmups who enjoy the game.

A few questions: how far do I have to play the first level in order to save and is 4-way lock on not possible 'till later? I assume I have to get an upgrade chip?
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 09 Jul 2005 at 04:07 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    Yet another time EGM has missed the mark. Surprisingly, it's not quite the dull travesty they made it out to be. Glad I listened to folks here and on Shmups who enjoy the game.
    Whatever score EGM gave it, it was too high.

3. Thumbs Down rofl wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Saint of Killers
    Whatever score EGM gave it, it was too high.
    I agree.

4. I just based my purchase off what folks such as below said:

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by mrt
    ah ok thanks, ill check for myself about the points thing. (i suck at math too, so ill whip out the calculator )

spo: this game kicks all kinds of ass. it has a good deal of replay value if you enjoy refining your action/shooter game skillz. its all about getting used to the game mechanics and the enemy patterns and getting better suits so you can go into a room a wipe the floor with enemies who once kicked your ass, with style.

not a game for everyone though. it can get repetative and it is on the short side.

i really just bought into the whole style of the game. the way Vanessa moves, the way you can clear a room quickly and easily if you know what to do, or get spanked by it. its addictive. i want all of the suits and the endings.

i got it at half.com new, for less than 20 shipped, and im quite happy. not for everyone though.

5. PN03 is awful and one of the worst games this generation. Yea, you could make an argument that Pryzm the Dark Unicorn or some other nonsense $19.99 game is worse but Capcom shouldve known better.

6. Wow, didn't know it was so widely hated.

7. Haven't played the game myself, but the videos I've seen look interesting. What's so awful about the game?

8. There's nothing "awful" about the game. That's just more useless hyperbole from someone who probably barely touched it.

Aspects that some might not like? The control takes getting used to. The environments have a sterile look to them that many will see as just bland. Gameplay is relatively thin in the same way a shmup's is (shoot shoot shoot, dodge dodge dodge).

Lots of good points though. The overall style of the game came together really well. The music and lead character's animation are great. It's challenging and addictive, collecting the suits and slowly getting better. It's a unique title and well worth $20 if you want something with its own flair.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan
    everything else is so slick and stylish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    The overall style of the game came together really well. The music and lead character's animation are great.
    Good to see you guys know what makes a game good - the style.

10. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Good to see you guys know what makes a game good - the style.
    It's one aspect, certainly.

Good to see you know how to miss the point... over and over and over again.