Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Tokobot thread

1. The camera hurts it the most. I'm loving it too, but i think a little more polish would've pushed it a long way. It's soooo freakin' Megaman Legends, too. I keep expecting to hear Roll talking to me. If there were voices, no other voice would be right for girl whatsername.
    Donk

2. I agree it needs a little more polish but I sure feel like I got my $30 worth so far.

3. Definitely. No hate here. It's a fun game with tons of great ideas.
    Donk

4. Oddly enough, I didn't really have an issue with the camera. I eventually got to the point where clicking the left shoulder button was almost automatic, and used that to point the camera where I wanted while rotating to face where I wanted to be. After Death Jr, my expectations for a PSP game's camera are nonexistent.

James

5. I just want a second analogue nub.
    Donk

6. Bah. People have wanted a "better camera" since Mario 64 even. It's all relative. Like you said, L trigger balances it out fine.

And I'd have to say in my case, after Sonic Adventure 2's abysmal "camera," my expectations were pretty lenient. Just gimme a camera that doesn't make me angry!
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 08 Dec 2005 at 03:49 AM.

7. That is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Finch
    It's soooo freakin' Megaman Legends, too.
    I need this.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Finch
    XD Yay! I picked it up. The guy said, "Taco Butt?" and the other guy said, "Oh. Tokobot. This looks like something i might wanna play some day."
    Everyone was making fun...
    You should go back and set the place on fire. That'll teach `em.

9. Ugh, what's with the love for MML? I played through the first (somehow) then abandoned Tron Bonne half-way through due to extreeeeeeeeeeeme boredom and will never touch MML2. I may even sell all three which is *crazy* talk for Compass. The games were the definition of 32-bit 3D blandness. (to me... sorry, Finchle).

10. MML 2 was where it got good, but i really really liked Tron Bonne... ;_; What about Tail Concerto, the mysterious lost brother of MML?
    Tokobots just has the atmosphere and characters that are similar to the MML/TC series.

Played a little more. I really want a rotating camera where i have to judge distance. Sometimes it looks like you're close enough to latch the Tokobots to a block, but you're not quite, so you have to reposition youself a few times. I also have a problem with going places that i'm not supposed to. Whenever i see an empty ledge or an area off the path, i want to go there. In the rare instances that the game lets me, the camera goes berserk and i get the insides of Tokoboy.
    It doesn't ruin the game, but imagine... IMAGINE!!!!!!! Also, it would've been nice if the areas were a little more open.
    Donk