Thread: (E3 2002) Microsoft Conference Highlights

1. (E3 2002) Microsoft Conference Highlights

Some highlights from our team currently in LA for the E3 2002 show.

Microsoft held their conference eariler tonight, and some of their highlights are as follows -

1.Microsoft unveiled their "XBox LIVE" network, showing a multitude of games. With 50 companies making games for the network. It will be Broadband only, and will feature a sign up deal that has fee of $49.95 for 12 twelve months of unlimited play, and you recieve a voice headset as well. "Whacked", "Midtown Madness 3", "Counterstrike" "unreal tournament" and "Star Wars Galaxies" will be some of the initial titles.

2.There are over 300 games in development for the XBox, with over 200 games in stores by the end of the year.

3.Tecmo showed Ninja Gaiden for the XBox, and quoting TNL team member Nick, "it was very impressive," and "it seems very stylized." Its completley 3D, seems like it uses a DOA 3 style more than the classic.

4.Some other games out of the multiple shown were Sega GT 2002, Capcom's Tekki (Steel Batallion), and Blinx, a game involving a "recording" of gamplay where you can rewind time and corrent mistakes you made. Microsoft also had a deluge of titles on show.

More news as it comes, as I'm going to try and be as tireless as I can updating this. Not to mention that the members that attended got some special Green S-Controller that makes me...*ahem* Green with Envy.

2. I'm all about Star Wars Galaxies man. That's some good news.

ºTracer
    o_O