Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: .hack fragment: online bullshit

1. Remember, Halo SUCKED at e3. Remember how hard it sucked? (not calling .hack a halo tho)

2. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Bandai is making this, is there any doubt its gonna be worse? Open your eyes!
    Bandai don't make games. They pay others to make them for them, so they're really hit or miss... yeah, mostly miss. One Piece Grand Battle was good though. .hack online will most likely be utter garbage, but the only thing positive I can say about PSU is it made Shadow seem not quite so bad.

I should add that only the offline version was playable with videos showing what online would be like. I think people who loved PSO will have no problem with PSU, but people expecting a big leap in game design will be disappointed. I'm sure they'll fix the graphics at least.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

3. Is .hack//fragment for the PC, PS2, or both? IGN's story about matching service, the game running on your PC, but then being hooked up to your PS2 leaves me confused.

.hack was originally intended to give offline console gamers the experience of a MMORPG. And so it's both ironic and stupid that they're trying to sell their fans a new game which requires you to connect your PS2 to a PC and go online. Fragment is going to bomb.
    Last edited by RedCoKid; 15 Jul 2005 at 11:15 AM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Faust// on ImmersionUnlimited.com
    I thought we should have a whole summary or synopsis about the story or events that have unfolded thus far. Please let me know if I missed anything and I will edit this.

.hack//Fragmented_Twilight

It all started when a young girl, named Cora, began playing a game known as "The World". The World was an MMORPG which millions of people played for days on end. This was a game that brought alot of stress on its top users, but in the end they were satisfied knowing that they had done what had taken them hours to do in order to get what they wanted. But The World was not just a game, in its system, lied a secrets and mysteries left unchecked, which would eventually bring havoc to many of the players who considered The World to be their second life. Cora was one of those users. But before we get to her probelm, lets go back to the time when she first started playing. Cora seems like one of those happy-go-lucky girls who wants to have fun. She has a good friend named Andrew, who she eventually gets into playing The World. Andrew got very into the game, and began playing for many hours a day. During there adventures in The World, they meet another player named WhiteBlade. From then on they began to party with one another. CC Corporation (The developers of The World) announced a contest called "Level Up!". Each player participating would have their current armor, weapons, and level stripped temporarily. You would have two days to try and accumulate as many levels as possible. The winner of the contest wound up being WhiteBlade. He recieved unique armor and a custom title, WhiteBlade the Holy. One day from what Cora had said, she saw a Red Chaos Gate (Explanation of a Chaos Gate, these warp gates take you to fields or "levels" were players go around killing monters and looting dungeons for rare items. And Chaos Gates are all normally blue. But in the .hack games, hackers would create Red Chaos Gates to take players to the Net Slums). She did not say which field, but when she told Andrew they went to go investigate. When they arrived, the Red Chaos Gate was nowhere to be found. Only days later, while Cora was waltzing around the field *Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground*, did she again find the Red Chaos Gate. Again she told Andrew, but this time when they came back it was there. From our knowledge, Andrew was the only one who entered the Chaos Gate. Soon after, he went into a coma. How or why this happened is still under speculation.

*UPDATE 6/23/05*
    Andrew's mother soon put up a blog, protesting the game and its developers and has gotten absolutely nowhere since. We have tried to get in touch with both Andrew's mother and Cora but have only gotten few replies back. Days into our investigation have become fruitless, until finally a new character in the equation arises. His name is Comprehension. From what he has told us, he has Era's subconscious hostage in The World. We must follow his directions and he will release Era. Comprehension, from the begining was the one who hacked Era's site and replaced it with the flash file. The flash file has currently changed about two times, showing various amounts of information aswell as some strange typo's....*ponders*

The Current Message on the flash file:

It is time for me to state my rules of engagement.
    1. Quite simply, I am in control here.
    2. You shall do everything I ask of you, if you actually care about this boy more than his mother.
    3. You will not question my judgment. Questioning my judgment will provoke my wrath.
    4. Understand this simple fact: I am the protagonist. Also, I hold all the cards. I see problems that you don't. Therein lies your goal.
    5. If you do everything I ask, and if you acquire the truth and find where I am holding Era, I will let the boy go, according to my word.
    This is why I chose you. Because you are all excellent at finding the truth in the hardest places. Against all odds, you find the truth. This is what I require. And if you don't think I don't know you, then you are sadly, sadly mistaken.

*The Immersion Unlimited .hack//fragmented_twilight Message Board Is Shown*

Last I checked, this belonged to you. It now belongs to me. One more thing. I like to know who I'm playing with. There's a form at the end of this. Fill out what you wish, but I at least want to know your e-mail. I'd like to speak to some of you...personally.
    You interest me.
    Now get a move on with your first goal. You already received it.

Send to: comprehension0@gmail.com
    *Preferred Name:
    *E-Mail:AIM User Name:
    Home Address:
    Fax:
    Home Phone:
    Cellular Phone:
    Cellular Phone Carrier:

Comprehension has, since his first appearance, contacted us most of us on AIM or mIRC chatroom's. He has given us various clues and leads. He also believes that he needs to monitor us in the mIRC chatrooms with his bot, ComprehensionBot. We have been led a stray numerous times by a few fools that wanted to be involved in the game. But they dont want to be involved, they want to screw around with us. *Is not going to be pointing fingers* We have hoped to get off on the right track. Comprehension had finally given us new leads by asking "Find the God. And the Preacher's daughter."

*UPDATE 7/15/05*

Though it had been pretty tough trying to find "God" aswell as the "Preacher's Daughter", we still have come up with nothing so far. The www.chaosgate.info/ experienced a massive downtime. It was not IG though. Today was the day when the server's finally came back up at about 11am Eastern Time. And we also tried a new site which gave us a bigger clue.

www.chaosgate.info/zygote.htm

On the site it states:
    The first server will lead you to the answer.
    And in an almost robotic voice it said in an audio file: (This is under speculation though)
    The Wave reached its Pinnacle, and noone can escape. This first fact of life is thus...---
    (James Blond searched the fact of life on google.com and found that mostly site's concerning Buddhism came up. Coincidence? Xestrix and others are suggesting that it isnt saying 'The Wave' is might be saying 'Lade' as if it was caught off from WhiteBlade. But if you check the Epitaph of Twilight, this is a quote from it.)

The voice, in my opinion, wasnt made with a special program. Almost every computer has the ability to use this by (If you have Windows XP) going to Control Panel; Sound Settings or something like that and click on the icon that says Speech. I dont know how he was able to copy it into an audio file. But whatever.
    There is the story thus far.

Here is some of the more popular links, and it's also a direct link to the other boards.

Right now we're trying to figure out www.chaosgate.info/zygote.htm

5. I bought all 6 original .hack anime DVDs, all 4 games, I've read about .hack/GU and .hack/fragment, but I still don't get what you're talking about, Chux. Is .hack//Fragmented_Twilight some amateur's pencil & paper RPG?

Official .hack//fragment website

Cyberconnect2's other .hack game, "GU," has a revamped website:
    http://www.hack.channel.or.jp/
    Last edited by RedCoKid; 15 Jul 2005 at 11:02 AM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by MarsKitten
    Remember, Halo SUCKED at e3. Remember how hard it sucked? (not calling .hack a halo tho)
    Pretty much everything at E3 sucks. Even the few games that are good, we're talking count-on-one-hand few, you dont have nearly enough time to play them.

E3 is not to be used to judge game quality. Its all fluff.

7. Quote Originally Posted by RedCoKid
    I still don't get what you're talking about, Chux. Is .hack//Fragmented_Twilight some amateur's pencil & paper RPG?
    Do people really not understand what an ARG is?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    Do people really not understand what an ARG is?
    Hmm... is it a TLA?

9. Fuck, this kind of shit is lost on you louts.