Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: European 'hot deals' thread

1. European 'hot deals' thread

Play.com has a slew of cheap Nintendo Gamecube games on their 'summer sale'. Remember play.com has free shipping and won't be taxed extra within the European Union. I love that store! ;D (No, I don't work for them).

http://play.com/play247.asp?page=pro...id=377&pa=sale
    Last edited by dakidski; 13 Jul 2005 at 10:44 AM.
    nocturne:
    "I view terrorists as freedom fighters."

I've got a hot European deal for you, buy american. Your money is worth more now, so you can buy more for less.

3. Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    I've got a hot European deal for you, buy american. Your money is worth more now, so you can buy more for less.
    Shipping prices are outrageous, waiting times are intolerable and value-added tax (25% + fee) is unbearable! I will never buy from your junk country again.

Super Monkey Ball: 8 UK Pounds.
    Viewtiful Joe: 10 UK Pounds.
    P.N.03: 10 UK Pounds.

and a few other good titles.
    nocturne:

Quote Originally Posted by dakidski
    Shipping prices are outrageous, waiting times are intolerable and value-added tax (25% + fee) is unbearable! I will never buy from your junk country again.

Super Monkey Ball: 8 UK Pounds.
    Viewtiful Joe: 10 UK Pounds.
    P.N.03: 10 UK Pounds.

and a few other good titles.
    value-added tax (25% + fee) wtf? your country is dumb. We are closer than china is to the US.

5. Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    value-added tax (25% + fee) wtf? your country is dumb. We are closer than china is to the US.
    Everywhere in Europe (northern at least) there is a 15-25% VAT on every product purchased.
    nocturne:

6. Use NCSX or Play-asia to avoid customs.. actually I have never been forced to pay customs on anything I've bought. Import is the way to go even if the dollar isn't as weak as it was a couple of months ago.

7. Quote Originally Posted by J2d
    Use NCSX or Play-asia to avoid customs.. actually I have never been forced to pay customs on anything I've bought. Import is the way to go even if the dollar isn't as weak as it was a couple of months ago.
    Not true. I see you are from Sweden, perhaps the swedish customs are more lenient that the Danish customs... I once had a package from Play-Asia (which was shipped from Hong Kong) caught in customs for over 1 month. They charged me tax and a huge fee. Same with Lik-Sang. I haven't tried NCSX though.
    I think the reason they kept it for that long was because the content was marked 'bio-gun' and this was during the anthrax scare.
    nocturne:

Quote Originally Posted by dakidski
    Not true. I see you are from Sweden, perhaps the swedish customs are more lenient that the Danish customs... I once had a package from Play-Asia (which was shipped from Hong Kong) caught in customs for over 1 month. They charged me tax and a huge fee. Same with Lik-Sang. I haven't tried NCSX though.
    I think the reason they kept it for that long was because the content was marked 'bio-gun' and this was during the anthrax scare.

Your nation's mail sucks.

9. Did they mark it down for you dakidski? Ask them to send it as a gift or something. Seriously, I must have done atleast 30+ dealings with lots of stores and sellers over ebay and never has anything got stuck.

10. Yes, buying from the US is generally good for you, the European consumer. Now, 1 Euro ~ 1.2 USD.

I've never been taxed on a video game from the US. EU countries can charge duty. Enquire about the minimum taxable value of imported goods. UK prices are good sometimes but the pound is still too strong against the Euro and companies in the UK tend to do an outrageous pound-for-dollar pricing scheme on video games. New $40 video games are sold for £40 or close to it, even though 1$ < £0.7.