Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arcade Pics: Circa 1981

1. Arcade Pics: Circa 1981

Someone rescued these slide negatives from a dumpster! They're an awesome look at the heydays of arcades.

Ah yes, the good ol' days.

2. Those pics are awesome, the electronic games photos too.

Thanks for the post Melf

3. god I miss going to places like these.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

4. I didn't think Tron was around until the mid eighties. Huh.

5. not all of the pics are from '81. I seen a pic of Space Harrier in there. Nontheless, great find. It brought back memories, so many memories : )

Man, I don't think I've ever wanted to go back to the 80's so bad. Great post, Melf!
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

Quote Originally Posted by Tain
    I didn't think Tron was around until the mid eighties. Huh.
    It came out in 1982. Like Changeling said, they're not all from the same year.

Anyway, I love the pics. I'm glad I'm old enough(barely) to remember arcades looking like that.

lol @ little boys in gay banana shorts

9. Quote Originally Posted by voltz
    god I miss going to places like these.
    I second this. Places like Dave and Busters and Jillians just aren't the same for some reason. Those places just don't have the arcade "feel" for some reason. Maybe it's because the machines take "credit" instead of coins...Maybe it's the clean floors and restaurant atmosphere...I dunno. It's just not the same. Something is amiss.

10. All the arcades I played in were shitholes compared to what's in those pics.
    I want to live there.