Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No online for Metroid Prime Hunters...

1. I guess I had no idea they were promissing online aspects, I was purely interested in the single player game. So I guess my interest is unchanged. But it is getting tiresome to hear the online excuses.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

Quote Originally Posted by Zerodash
    Hunters should just remain as a demo soft.
    I agree with this.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. Amazing. No company on this planet is dumb enough to release an FPS without online play except Nintendo (with Half-Life 2 on Xbox being the very notable exception).

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

4. This reminds me of Double Dash - when they announced the game would not have online, but link play, people were standing up and saying "there's gonna be a tunneling system! We're gonna be able to play it online! YAY!". Then it came out, with the WORST LINK INTERFACE EVER. What was it, random characters, didnt keep track of stats, etc. As such, the game was forgotten months after release and is now collecting dust on used game racks all across the US.

This is really what Nintendo is best at nowadays, stealing defeat from the jaws of victory. There's really no excuse for a lack of a free, easy, and easy to use system - Blizzard was doing it in 1997, and plenty of other companies have followed suit. Either their engineers are braindead, or their designers are.

or both.

5. I wouldnt expect it to have online, I mean it's only 1997.

Oh, wait.

this thread is the lollercaust.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Tallarico
    Amazing. No company on this planet is dumb enough to release an FPS without online play except Nintendo (with Half-Life 2 on Xbox being the very notable exception).
    And Halo

8. Well, that doesn't really count, since Xbox Live didn't exist when Halo came out.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan