Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avatar Size question

1. Avatar Size question

When I go to change my avatar, I see this below the upload image link:

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 160 by 100 pixels or 32.0 KB (whichever is smaller).

I just tried to upload an image thats 10 kb. and it said nein, image is too big! Why am I being punished thusly? Is 10 kb not smaller than 32 kb?

2. was it bigger than 160x100?

3. Yes, it was, but it wasnt super huge or anything. I just dont understand why you give 2 options when only one is really used.

4. it's either or

> 160x100 OR > x KB in size and it won't work

I think you answered your own question there.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

6. Please tell me you just misread the thing telling you about your avatar size, Error.

Quote Originally Posted by cka
    it's either or

> 160x100 OR > x KB in size and it won't work
    actually, no, it is not an either/or. You don't get an option between the two.

It is an "and"

160x100 AND less than so many KB

8. I think he's saying that limiting the format AND filesize of an avatar is crazytalk. If it's 10kb it's going to load crazy fast anyway. He thinks he's being creatively hampered by your crazy rules. It's crazy.

He's questioning your whole avatar rule making paradigm!

(he's asking why this rule exists, idiots)

Error: I assume it exists to keep the physical size of images to a manageable level for lower end users and to keep the board looking more uniform and pretty. Not to mention it helps prevent abuse of Mr. Spamalot putting a huge ad banner in his avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    160x100 AND less than so many KB
    But you can have an avatar that is 100 x 100 too. Those are just the maximum allowances of those particular categories. Feel free to go nuts and crazy within them. Crazy is the word of the day.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 07 Aug 2005 at 12:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    (he's asking why this rule exists, idiots)
    No, he really wasn't.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

10. Worst thread ever.