Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 111314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows Vista Thread

1. i bought the damn macbook pro, but no parallels. Im just going to use Bootcamp and my XP disc. Partitioning like crazy though. You need one for osx, one for XP, and one so they can share files nicely. Now i have no need for my Powermac G4 or my Athlon 2700+ pc.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I'm trying to fight the urge to buy Vista. Help.
    so buy it, it's not gonna murder your grandma or anything

32bit oem version of home premium is only $100 or so

if you just wanna try it out download it off the internet but don't activate it, it'll run for 30 days

3. Quote Originally Posted by RDM Brian View Post
    Partitioning like crazy though. You need one for osx, one for XP, and one so they can share files nicely.
    No you don't. You just need an OS and an XP partition. Just make the XP partition FAT32 and you're done.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    No you don't. You just need an OS and an XP partition. Just make the XP partition FAT32 and you're done.
    i read that windows xp didnt like fat32 too much, and that xp didnt read the HFS+, so i made the 30gb osx partition (leaving plenty of room for final cut studio when it arrives), 20gb for XP NTSF, and 61.5 FAT32 that both OSs can read.

5. Quote Originally Posted by RDM Brian View Post
    i read that windows xp didnt like fat32 too much, and that xp didnt read the HFS+, so i made the 30gb osx partition (leaving plenty of room for final cut studio when it arrives), 20gb for XP NTSF, and 61.5 FAT32 that both OSs can read.
    Windows does fine on FAT32... it's not like you'll be using it much anyway.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. im going to have to end up going to apple tomorrow, the disc drive makes scary noises when you load a disc in, and whenever i format a partition to FAT32 i get a B-Tree error. I hope they exchange it for a new one, i dont want to get fucked over by being handed a referb.
    Last edited by B-Ri; 08 Feb 2007 at 04:06 AM.

7. Before I plunge into the Vista pool, does it have its own DVD-encoder/decoder or will I need to buy (lolz) a separate program?

8. FAT32 is useless if you have files bigger than 4GB (or is it 2GB?) because that's the limit on FAT32 file sizes.
    Also, OSX has no trouble reading NTFS disks, but writing to them seems a bit flaky, at least when the NTFS partition is formatted in Windows 2000.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Also, OSX has no trouble reading NTFS disks, but writing to them seems a bit flaky, at least when the NTFS partition is formatted in Windows 2000.
    Yeah, that's the problem. OSX can't write to an NTFS drive.