Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows Vista Thread

1. I'm sure there will be a Google OS at some point, too.
    It's a big leap from search engines and mapping software to an operating system.

2. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    It's a big leap from search engines and mapping software to an operating system.
    They could always create their own Linux distro and distribute it themselves.

As for Vista..I'll wait and see what happens with that DRM monitor crap cause I was thinking of getting a LCD (most likely the Dell 2005fpw or 2405fpw) around christmas. I'm sure there will be some crack for it by the time Vista is released anyways.

3. Quote Originally Posted by raystorm
    They could always create their own Linux distro and distribute it themselves.

As for Vista..I'll wait and see what happens with that DRM monitor crap cause I was thinking of getting a LCD (most likely the Dell 2005fpw or 2405fpw) around christmas. I'm sure there will be some crack for it by the time Vista is released anyways.
    GET ONE NOW

Dell's got their crazy "End of Quarter" sales going on and you can get like 70% off cost for a 2005fpw (this means the monitor costs just shy of $400.)

4. They could always create their own Linux distro and distribute it themselves.
    I dont see how it fits into Google's whole scheme of things. They make their money from targetted ads, how will making an OS or a Linux distro help with targetted ads? Deliver it to the desktop? Nobody bought that shit when it was called Push in 1997, and people are already concerned about Google's privacy policies. Integrate Google Search into the OS? Theyre already doing that in a way with the Google Toolbar.
    Last edited by diffusionx; 24 Jul 2005 at 03:20 AM.

5. IE7 beta should be out within a week if anybody cares

6. Quote Originally Posted by cka
    IE7 beta should be out within a week if anybody cares
    DOES anyone care? FireFox' been doing most of the stuff this proposes for quite some time now, doesn't it?

7. I care. If I can have tabbed browsing without gigantic fucking memory holes, I'm all for it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	16494  
    Last edited by cka; 27 Jul 2005 at 02:49 AM.

8. oh noes lol

9. http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow/0,120...=156757,00.asp

a few dozen screenshots of windows vista