Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows Vista Thread

1. Speaking of 'IE7' and 'suck'...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashdot
    Posted by Zonk on Tuesday August 02, @03:13PM
    from the it's-that-bad dept.
    Anonymous Cowherd writes "Paul Thurrott, a journalist that usually writes about all things windows related (and sometimes about Apple affairs too), made a call in a recent article to boycott Internet Explorer, due to Microsoft's approach (continued in IE7) of not supporting web standards: 'My advice here is simple: Boycott Internet Explorer. It is a cancer on the Web, and must be stopped. IE is insecure and is not standards-compliant, which makes it unworkable for both end users and Web content creators... You can turn the tide by demanding better from Microsoft and using a better alternative Web browser. I recommend and use Mozilla Firefox, but Apple Safari (Mac only) and Opera 8 are both worth considering as well.'"
    Quote Originally Posted by omgs
    Wilson's post is disappointing because Microsoft doesn't plan to fully support the latest CSS standard in IE 7.0. Instead of using well-established Web standards, IE 7.0 will continue to foist proprietary technologies on Web developers, forcing them to choose between two competing ways of creating Web sites.
    Nutty.

2. Ok there are many aspects about IE7 that suck. For one...

Quote Originally Posted by windows error
    Please make sure you have are using Internet Explorer 6.0 or above, or Firefox when trying to view this page.
    This is while using IE7

3. If ms really wants to make it easier to print web pages, they should include a wysiwyg print preview that lets the user pick what parts they want to print.

That way people won't end up printing ten pages of garbage for every page of useful text.

As far a .NET goes, Apple is releasing, for free apparently, an alternative to .NET that is vastly superior in almost every way.

I think it's based on webobjects or something.

It's not really my field though, so I could be way off.

4. kinda pointless for apple since mono can already run on it but whatever

5. As far a .NET goes, Apple is releasing, for free apparently, an alternative to .NET that is vastly superior in almost every way.
    .NET is free.

Its just the Visual Studio IDE that costs money.

But you can write a C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, whatever program and compile it without VS.NET.

And Id love to see what makes this thing Apple is making "vastly superior in every way". Got any links?

6. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    And Id love to see what makes this thing Apple is making "vastly superior in every way". Got any links?
    Here's one!

7. I guess M$ decided it would be pretty funny blocking out users from watching HD-0VDs on their monitors.

http://pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,122738,00.asp

When vista hits, somebody needs to hack the living shit out of it.
    Last edited by voltz; 05 Oct 2005 at 05:09 PM.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

8. The was a leak on the internet a while back when the Beta edition was released. It seemed to work fine, but the file I had was dodgy and kept crashing when I entered the serial number.
    I'm sure it was genuine though, just corrupted, there was even two setup files, one for 32-bit, one for 64-bit...

9. Quote Originally Posted by voltz
    I guess M$ decided it would be pretty funny blocking out users from watching HD-0VDs on their monitors.

http://pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,122738,00.asp

When vista hits, somebody needs to hack the living shit out of it.
    The funny thing about that is how completely ineffective the technology will be at stopping piracy.
    They say that once a hack comes out for a given monitor, that its identification code can be blocked, which is pointless since a hacked display could potentially return any code the hacker wants it to.
    Not to mention the fact that all of the bootleg content will play just fine on any monitor.
    That's hardly an incentive to buy the real thing, is it?

10. There shouldn't be any incentive at all to begin with. HDTV is afterall a higher resolution display that works at just about the same level a computer monitor would, so if you figure your display can get the required settings needed for what the movie asks for, you should be able to play it right?

All I'm saying here is that this copy protection crap only works as another hurdle for the consumer to deal with. Record lables wasted their time making DRM, users and artists are already bypassing it. Same will happen here, but I'd like to see how far M$ is willing to push their authority and see if they actually try imposing fines/jailtime for anyone that breaks their system.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"