Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Atari Flashback 2.0

1. Atari Flashback 2.0

Unlike the first Flashback console, this one will actually use Atari 2600 hardware to provide the games, in the form of the 2600 on a chip. The flashback 2 will feature over 40 games, with 7 titles being unreleased and another 7 homebrew. New titles include Yar's Return and Return to Haunted House.

http://www.classicgaming.com/feature...es/flashback2/

2. I got some hands-on time with one at the Funspot torunament this year.

Unlike last time the gameplay is spot-on. Pretty impressive set.
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

3. I hear you'll be able to hack a 2600 cart port onto this one so you can play any old cart. Good stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

4. Quote Originally Posted by K3V
    I hear you'll be able to hack a 2600 cart port onto this one so you can play any old cart. Good stuff.
    Why not just get the actual system then? I have one available if you want it.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

5. Quote Originally Posted by TobalRox
    Why not just get the actual system then? I have one available if you want it.
    This one has composite video though.

The unreleased Atari games aren't that great judging from the prototype roms I have played. Combat II is good but I doubt I will get anyone to play with me. I liked Save Mary.

The homebrew and remake stuff intrigue me. I will probably buy it for those.

7. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet
    Yeah exactly. I've got a 2600 and 7800 already, and neither does Composite out of the box.

The new Flasback uses standard 2600 controllers too, so you'll be able to use the paddles with games that are supposed to use them, etc. You can use the new Flashback controllers on your old system too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

8. As soon as I can buy a modded one with a standard cart slot I'll pick this thing up.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

9. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet
    but if your gonna buy a system and mod it why not just buy an atari and get the S-Video mod chip put in it
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv
    but if your gonna buy a system and mod it why not just buy an atari and get the S-Video mod chip put in it

Its not even a chip, its a pair of potentiometers.

Easiest Svid mod ever.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin