Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flipnic: Ultimate Pinball

PlayStation  2 Flipnic: Ultimate Pinball

The demo for this is out in the new OPM.

I spent a good 30 minutes with it and so far it rocks. The ball is a bit floaty but I can dig.

For those not in the know, Flipnic is another pinball adventure game in the line of Pinball of the Dead, Devil's Crush and Sonic Spinball. Flipnic however is the most bizzare one I've played yet (yes, even more bizzare than satanist pinball). Along the way you'll battle UFOs, feed monkeys and play bingo (all of this within the first 5 minutes of the first table). The entire presentation really reminds me of the bargain bin classic, Fantavision. I wouldn't be surprised if the same minds were behind this game.

Anyway, it's out July 13 for 20 bucks. I'm totally there.
    Last edited by Revoltor; 28 Jun 2005 at 11:53 PM.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

2. Played it at E3. It kicks ass and is an immediate purchase when it hits mid-July. Still, I didn't know about the PSM demo and can't wait to get some practice in.

James

3. Wait, this is finally getting a US release?

And good call on the Fantavision thing, I have always said that.

4. It's gotten good reviews so far, and everything I've seen for it looks fun, so I'll definitely have fun with it.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

5. Sweet!,
    thanks for the heads-up Revoltor.

another adventure pinball game worth playing is Fantasic Pinball for the Saturn - I find it loads more fun than either Sonic Pinball Party or Pinball of the Dead.

6. Getting this day one...I wish I had known they would finally bring this over, though, as I had just spent $40 on the Japanese version a month before they announced it....it was originally supposed to come over in like 2003, and I figured it was scraped for good like Akira Psychoball....which I am glad I found the Jap version, because it rules as much as Flipnic and Necrinomicon does.

Yeah total bummer on Akira Psychoball never making it over. I was really looking forward to seeing that one come over. Instead we get more generic Gundam and DBZ games.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

8. Psychoball seems interesting at first, but then you realize it's not any good

9. According to reviews on this, it's only the first table that's any good.

But the demo does indeed rule.

Giltch Guest
    It got a 7.5 from PSM. The game's only twenty bucks, so it's definitely going on my list.