Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: A Co-ed draft may very well be in the works.

1. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Im being fucking serious here - women are supposed to be the equal to men in this society, and they shouldnt be excluded from ANYTHING just because theyre women. This is a simple fact. ANYTHING includes military service. Give me one reason why women should not be drafted in our supposedly-equal society.
    We need to keep our fuck-dolls at home.

Good enough?
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

2. Quote Originally Posted by Mr-K
    Diff's got a point but in reality, every single girl I know under 35 would be pissed beyond reason (well in this case maybe appropriatly pissed) if they were potential draftees. If there is a new draft there will be a really, really large pissed off youth of America.
    I dont give a shit if they would be pissed - the men would be pissed too, thats the point. Equal society, if there's a draft, they need to be sent too.

3. I love ultra-liberal news.

WE'RE TIRED OF BEING FED THE NEWS BY CORPORATE DRONES! LET'S MAKE UP OUR OWN NEWS THAT IS EVEN MORE BULLSHITTY!

4. Ha! No sympathy for the Pentagon from me. When I was in the service 10 years ago, it was a slop pit of racism, politics, and preferential treatment. They were turning people away for the stupidest shit. Now, they're practically begging for people to enlist.

Fuck that. I did my bit for God and country and got bit in the ass for it. After I finished college, the bastards sent me a letter saying I could come back and go to OTS. I told them to sit on a stick.

It pains me to see that our soldiers are in the shit they're in, but we asked for it. After years of letting the military go to crap (thank you Clinton!), we're now paying catch up.

5. I agree with diffusionx, by the way. Women complain about equal rights, and not making as much as men do, but when it's time to step up and prove their worth to the nation in wartime they get pissy (like women do). I understand their reluctance, but if they would rather their men go to war and die for the country they live in they shouldn't expect to be treated as equals.

Quite frankly a lot of women would probably step up to the challenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Im being fucking serious here - women are supposed to be the equal to men in this society, and they shouldnt be excluded from ANYTHING just because theyre women. This is a simple fact. ANYTHING includes military service. Give me one reason why women should not be drafted in our supposedly-equal society.
    Wow, I just love how a person can make broad, sweeping and bitterly slanted statements on the internet like this which fly in the face of how the real world works. Been slighted a few times there, diff? Or just annoyed with the extremer side of the feminist movement which many women do not adhere to anyways?

Constitutionally, legally, ect. obviously women are equal to men. But they are simply not born physically equal to men. Call me crazy, but i'm pretty sure most of the girls I know including my sister would not make able killing machines.

Sure, some women are able turn themselves into solid little lumberjacks but the point is women's bodies genetically are generally softer and more delicate. And that's not a stereotype at all, that is the truth. Their general physical makeups are suited for sensitivity/emotions, community interaction and childbirth. NOT hunting, gathering, shooting, melee'ing and beating things up.

Yes, it would be at the least funny to see how the feminists react to a draft (which is the real angle here you folks are going on) but that is besides the point.

Anyways, I don't feel the need to explain this further (time of the month "thingys")...

Oh but yes, since women tend to whine let's force them to go to war. Life is too "politically correct" and contradictory after all. Get a gf then if a draft comes along tell her "Well honey, it's only 'fair' since you women are always competing for 'equal rights.' " haha

Edit: Another thing, a REAL draft would have nothing to do with anyone's rights if they are being forced to go to war. Rights = choice.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 19 Jul 2005 at 04:18 PM.

7. Not every job in the army is infantry. Even if you give some leway for them not being as strong as men, they can still do 90% of the jobs in the military, like medical, communications, pilots/drivers, and all of the support stuff.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    Constitutionally, legally, ect. obviously women are equal to men. But they are simply not born physically equal to men. Call me crazy, but i'm pretty sure most of the girls I know including my sister would not make able killing machines.

Sure, some women are able turn themselves into solid little lumberjacks but the point is women's bodies genetically are generally softer and more delicate. And that's not a stereotype at all, that is the truth. Their general physical makeups are suited for sensitivity/emotions, community interaction and childbirth. NOT hunting, gathering, shooting, melee'ing and beating things up.
    This is an ignorant, sexist attitude not supported by facts. During WWII the Soviet Union for example had women soldiers who served just as well as men in every combat regard. In fact, quite a few of them were accomplished snipers and percision bombers. This isn't the Middle Ages, dumbass, we don't need our soldiers to be 8' of muscle and wield a battleaxe.
    Last edited by g0zen; 19 Jul 2005 at 04:42 PM.
    Time for a change

9. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    This is an ignorant, sexist attitude not supported by facts. During WWII the Soviet Union for example had women soldiers who served just as well as men in every combat regard. In fact, quite a few of them were accomplished snipers and percision bombers. This isn't the Middle Ages, dumbass, we don't need our soldiers to be 8' of muscle and wield a battleaxe.
    Battleaxe. Ha. Yeah, nice Warcraft analogy, butthole. I'm not saying women are all born hopelessly waif, victorian maidens. Just that there are gee, maybe a few inherent differences that do not exactly lend themselves well to conflict. And the peasants and babushkas Stalin threw at the Nazis like cordwood? Whatever.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    Battleaxe. Ha. Yeah, nice Warcraft analogy, butthole. I'm not saying women are all born hopelessly waif, victorian maidens. Just that there are gee, maybe a few inherent differences that do not exactly lend themselves well to conflict. And the peasants and babushkas Stalin threw at the Nazis like cordwood? Whatever.
    WE MUST PROTECT THE WOMENFOLK

There are many, many non-combat positions in the military... we have a gigantic army, but they're not all rushing into the battlefield. Following your reasoning, why should women be exempt from these as well? This is, of course, ignoring that we already have plenty of women in various branches of the military, quite a few of which are in combat situations.
    Last edited by sethsez; 20 Jul 2005 at 12:12 AM.