Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: A Co-ed draft may very well be in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by sethsez
    Edit: Ironplant, that has nothing to do with the pain they can take. Men suffer through it because you're seen as being a pussy otherwise, while nobody looks down on a woman who complains about a headache. But I'd like to see a guy deal with pregnancy and childbirth.
    modern culture is really ironic then. The gender that supodely can take the least pain is expected to take pain like it is nothing.

And wtf is the deal with headaches. Do vaginas cause headaches? I rarely ever get a headache, but fuck if a day goes by and one of the three women I live with does not get a day stopping headache that requires 3 hours of watching QVC to stop.

I too would like to see a man have a child. I would give him a BK crown and a fiver and tell him to walk around telling women to stfu.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Master of 7s
    Let a man try being in labor for 20 hours and he'll be crying for morphine within hour one.
    Well, in all fairness, women do this too.

But they remain awake and lucid. Men wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    modern culture is really ironic then. The gender that supodely can take the least pain is expected to take pain like it is nothing.
    Pretty much, yeah. Culture having little to do with biology is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by sethsez
    That's a social issue, not an issue of true pain threshold. A man will pass out from excruciating pain long before a woman will.
    And this is a good thing? It would so be like women to stay aware longer than men, it would give them more time to bitch.

4. Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    And this is a good thing?
    Uhh, its a good thing when we're talking about war.

It would so be like women to stay aware longer than men, it would give them more time to bitch.
    Please, pay more attention to the fucking thread before you post in it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    Sure, some women are able turn themselves into solid little lumberjacks but the point is women's bodies genetically are generally softer and more delicate. And that's not a stereotype at all, that is the truth. Their general physical makeups are suited for sensitivity/emotions, community interaction and childbirth. NOT hunting, gathering, shooting, melee'ing and beating things up.
    Wow, that's one of the stupidest things I've ever read. I was going to say something much friendlier in response but my mind is so boggled by how asinine it is.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    Wow, that's one of the stupidest things I've ever read. I was going to say something much friendlier in response but my mind is so boggled by how asinine it is.
    This is the same guy who said ev...

Meh, I'm not gonna dig up that conversation again (which was also hilariously asinine).

What's amazing is that his opinion is widespread. "Women's bodies are too fragile to drive a vehicle in Iraq" is considered logical for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Uhh, its a good thing when we're talking about war.

Please, pay more attention to the fucking thread before you post in it.
    What war would this be? Last time I checked we were talking about modern warfare where people are rarely put in situations where battles are won by people in pain on the same level as passing a watermelon out between their legs. Usually you are alive, dead, or on a stretcher.

But you're free to post references to modern war confrontations that were won by people who had limbs blown off and were in insane amounts of pain. It would prove your point and make for a good read.

And while we are talking about this, does pain effect women's ability to think coolly? A higher pain threshold isn't worth much if the pain makes logical thought impossible.

BTW, a little food for thought. Women typically have better natural talent at shooting small firearms than men. It is said they are able to hold the arm more steady. Also, small women make good piolets because being smaller, G-Forces effect them a little bit less.

8. Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    What war would this be? Last time I checked we were talking about modern warfare where people are rarely put in situations where battles are won by people in pain on the same level as passing a watermelon out between their legs. Usually you are alive, dead, or on a stretcher.

But you're free to post references to modern war confrontations that were won by people who had limbs blown off and were in insane amounts of pain. It would prove your point and make for a good read.

And while we are talking about this, does pain effect women's ability to think coolly? A higher pain threshold isn't worth much if the pain makes logical thought impossible.

BTW, a little food for thought. Women typically have better natural talent at shooting small firearms than men. It is said they are able to hold the arm more steady. Also, small women make good piolets because being smaller, G-Forces effect them a little bit less.
    I agree with most of this. Modern warfare doesn't really rely on trench warfare and the like. Which is why their pain threshold isn't much of an issue, and why their lack of muscle mass relative to men isn't much of an issue either. Though, like everything, both of these are addressed during training anyway (the military doesn't just take a lazy fatass and ship him out to combat, so why would they do the same for a skinny woman?) so it's even less of an issue.

9. Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant

All of these points hold up my original point beautifully - that Dylan is full of shit and there's no reason why women shouldn't be drafted. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    All of these points hold up my original point beautifully - that Dylan is full of shit and there's no reason why women shouldn't be drafted. Thanks.

I know, fuck Dylan.