Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 10121314

Thread: A Co-ed draft may very well be in the works.

1. Those are things you should be able to do without straining your eyes. You did the right thing by telling your instructor and he did the right thing by sending you packing. There's nothing dishonourable here. I'm not sure if it means you can accurately judge women in the military, but it definitely puts you leaps and bounds ahead of most people in this thread. (not all, I think animegirl and Jetman have more experience than you)

You obviously joined the Marines to help your country, and by being honest you did that, even if it means things didn't exactly work out how you wanted for the moment.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 24 Jul 2005 at 11:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    With body hair that doubles as choking wire.
    actually I would rather them get rid of it. So I can quit hearing jokes like that.

3. But then you wouldn't get to be called a super-hairo.

Oh no, not that.

5. My mind clouds with wonderment as this pit of ne'er-do-wells questions the constituion of the feminine species when their own maybe dubitable at best.

6. What say you woman? Verily, thou hast engaged in consumption from the bowl of crispy grains tabbed Capt. Shakespere hast thou not?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Melf
    Honestly, his not finishing is irrelevent to the issue at hand. What he describes is true, and it's not like it changed the day after he got sent home. If you've seen one week in BT, you've basically seen the whole thing.

I also find it funny that people who probably haven't even seen the training video at a recruiter's office are commenting on what BT is and isn't like.

When I was in Air Force BT, women had whole different standards than men. They had a whole different time scale then men for running the mile and 1/2, their exercise requirements (in terms of how much of each they did) was less, and even the way they did the exercises was different. Ever see the woman's push up?

Everything else, like the obstacle course, test requirements, dorm guard duty, and inspections were the same. The whole physical aspect of training was different though.
    We do the same style of push-ups as the men now. It's not my fault the standards are lower, I wish they were the same so guys would shut up about it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Master of 7s
    What say you woman? Verily, thou hast engaged in consumption from the bowl of crispy grains tabbed Capt. Shakespere hast thou not?
    I am not speaking in verse or meter. I have taken it upon myself to elevate the stratum of conversation here.

9. I think she's trying to outdo wEEman33's ugly, clumsy, overwritten prose.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Error
    But then you wouldn't get to be called a super-hairo.
    It's so bad it's good again.

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    I think she's trying to outdo wEEman33's ugly, clumsy, overwritten prose.
    God forbid somebody put more effort in to their posts. Lords knows you're not going to.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."