Thread: PCI/AGP Card retention arm problems

1. PCI/AGP Card retention arm problems

Ok, so I was removing an unneccesary network card from my comp, and in order to do that had to lift up the card retention arm, but now it wont go back in pplace, the latch at the end of the arm wont fit or click into the little shitty groove thats there for it. I dont know why the fuck these things have to be plastic, whose brilliant idea that was I'd like to know, but now when I turn my comp back right side up my sound card becomes loose (the other cards are fine), and its inoperable. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

[edit] Sorry - this was meant to be in the Technical board, if someone wants to move it - go ahead
    Last edited by station82o; 19 Jul 2005 at 01:55 PM.
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

2. Sometimes you really gotta knock things into place. My dad always emphasized being careful with the computer but when we had that Voodoo 2 that wouldn't go into place he just gave it one good slam.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

3. Anyone have any other suggestions? I tried just placing the latch in there the best I could but upon turning it right side up, found out my sound card wasn't able to keep in the slot correctly without this arm pushing down upon it. This sucks.
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal