Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 5 - Official

1. Looks like Chris is the main characters in this one. The question is "which will be the definite version?" PS3 or Xbox 360. I which there were readable scans though.

2. X360 is launching first, they are the favorite to be number 2 at worst, and Capcom is sick of trying to muscle a shit platform to respectablity. They failed with Dreamcast "We'll MAKE Dreamcast succeed if we have to do it ourselves!" and they failed with Gamecube. Hell they didn't even wait for GC to die before abandoning that ship.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Error
    X360 is launching first, they are the favorite to be number 2 at worst, and Capcom is sick of trying to muscle a shit platform to respectablity. They failed with Dreamcast "We'll MAKE Dreamcast succeed if we have to do it ourselves!" and they failed with Gamecube. Hell they didn't even wait for GC to die before abandoning that ship.

Yeah. It seems that they were deluded to think that Resident Evil was the PlayStation's first killer-app and thought they could repeat the process with Sega and Nintendo, when in reality, Resident Evil's release simply coincide neatly with the announcement of FF7. Especially when you consider that Code: Veronica was also marketed as an exclusive title before being ported to the PS2.

4. nice....but i still want the zombies and mansion back!

5. Quote Originally Posted by marwan
    nice....but i still want the zombies and mansion back!
    My feelings as well. I love the new gameplay, but at the same time, I long for that feeling of wondering a scary place and things popping out to scare the crap out of me.

6. This news is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by avatar
    Why does Capcom all of a sudden like MS?
    Because 360 is positioned to have the most installed units, or at least be in a very close second place, in the largest videogame market in the world at the time of this game's release. Didn't RE4 do better in the US than Japan, anyway? Pretty sure it did, and if so, it makes sense for them to start releasing the series with our market more in mind than their own.

7. I want the spooky hook enemies. Gimme Resident Evil 3.5 (or whatever) playable!

8. Quote Originally Posted by marwan
    nice....but i still want the zombies and mansion back!
    zombies suck

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Undaunted
    Yeah. It seems that they were deluded to think that Resident Evil was the PlayStation's first killer-app.
    Which it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Undaunted
    The question is "which will be the definite version?" PS3 or Xbox 360. I which there were readable scans though.
    It's the PS3. It's more powerful and a Japanese console. The only way it would be the other way around is if they are shooting for a release prior to the PS3's launch, which would be very difficult.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Looks like it's PS3 and X360, actually. Now all of us can enjoy this news.

Well, except Maruchan.
    What,i just woke up and was reading this and then.. Andy mentions this comment..
    what..