Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Scary Games

1. Sweat Scary Games

Silent Hill excluded, what games have you been weary to play alone?

I just heard about this, the first Clocktower on the Super Famicom, if anyone's played it, is it any good?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Wrong board.

But Clock Tower on the Super Famicom is excellent.

Seriously, it's one of the scariest games I've played, and it's a SNES game for Christ's sake.

Pretty short, though.

3. Ahh fuck me, can someone please move it?

teach me to post drukn again...
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. The only game that's ever actually given me a scare is Eternal Darkness (Bathtub scene). I've played multiple ResEvils, SH, some other completely forgettable 'scary' games...didn't freak me at all. And I didn't even really enjoy ED's gameplay mechanics...
    EXCUSE ME, I'M IN NEED OF MEDICAL ATTENTION!

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. It's not scary most of the time but there's this one mansion that's the freakiest thing I have encountered in a game.

6. Those fucking masks that chase you after you pick up the key in SMB2.

The only game that actually caused me to stop playing was AVP2, marine campaign. Those were scary as shit.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Aces & Eights
    Silent Hill excluded, what games have you been weary to play alone?

I just heard about this, the first Clocktower on the Super Famicom, if anyone's played it, is it any good?

it's a pretty standard point and click style adventure game. Nice graphics. Some good surprising moments, and some goofy "wree! wree! wree!" BGM while you look at a "scary" image moments.

8. try playing Clive Barker's Undying in 5.1 surround sound and a big screen TV.... no other game is like it (at least in my experience).
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

9. Fatal Frame 2 is a nice, somewhat scary game. It really has the atmosphere part down pat, which is where most of the fright comes from.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

10. Quote Originally Posted by TobalRox
    try playing Clive Barker's Undying in 5.1 surround sound and a big screen TV.... no other game is like it (at least in my experience).
    I wish that there would be another Clive Barker game. Perhaps turn it into a series. His books could be used for source material. I'm suprised that Undying was never brought to consoles. It seemed to be a perfect fit.