Thread: Battlestar Galactica Best Buy Exclusive

1. Battlestar Galactica Best Buy Exclusive

From the Digital Bits...

Next, we finally have official word from Universal on the DVD release of Battlestar Galactica: Season One. As many of you know, the 4-disc U.K. DVD release of the complete first season (all 13 episodes) has been reformatted for NTSC and will be available exclusively at Best Buy stores next Tuesday (7/26 - SRP $49.99). Video is anamorphic widescreen with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, and extras on the U.K./Best Buy release include 50 minutes of deleted scenes.

BUT... if you can wait a couple of months... the OFFICIAL U.S. release of Battlestar Galactica: Season One will be widely available from Universal on 9/20 (SRP $59.98) and the 5-disc set promises to be well worth the wait. Not only will you get all 13 hour-long episodes in anamorphic widescreen video with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, and the 50 minutes of deleted scenes, you'll get a lot more as well. Disc One will include the complete 4-hour TV miniseries with the previously released audio commentary with director Michael Rymer and executive producers David Eick and Ron Moore. Discs 2-5 will feature many additional episodes with optional audio commentary (by various combinations of Rymer, Eick and Moore) including the Pilot, Bastille Day, Act of Contrition, You Can't Go Home Again, Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down, The Hand of God, Colonial Day, Kobol's Last Gleaming: Part 1 and Kobol's Last Gleaming: Part 2 (we believe these include all of the podcast commentaries that have been available on SciFi.com). Disc 5 will also include a behind-the-scenes featurette, the aforementioned deleted scenes, a gallery of production sketches and artwork, a Battlestar Galactica Series Lowdown featurette and 1 of 3 collectible trading cards. The cover artwork will be different that the U.K./Best Buy art (which we've shown previously here) - you'll find the new art below. So now at least we know why there's been a delay. The U.S. release will feature MUCH more bonus material than the U.K./Best Buy edition.

I know bestbuy has had exclusives like this before, Tru Calling is one of em. I just hope the Space Above and Beyond Exclusive Bbuy edition doesnt have the same shortcomings.
    Last edited by amitavc; 21 Jul 2005 at 01:41 AM.