Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The White Plains

1. The White Plains

My comic finished a little while ago, so I started working on the next one. It's the thing I was posting concept art for some months ago.

Some cropped scans of the pages I've already done(none of the pages are finished... but they're all almost finished)

pencils:

Originally it was going to be a titleless comic with a no-name main character but I decided to call it "the white plains" after a friend explained to me that whatever I make the url for it will become the title. yeah.

2. Looks sweet, me likey.

3. Fuckin' beauty. Love those mountainscapes.

4. I am going to kill you rezo. You're far too talented. Good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    Fuckin' beauty. Love those mountainscapes.
    I agree, those landscapes are great! Good stuffs
    -Myk

6. That mountain.....fucking awesome Rezo. Your style kicks ass, its absolutely awesome. Keep it up. Either you or JM are my favorite artists here. Hear me JM?, post more stuff!!
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

7. Awesome. I'm a big fan of yours. I really love the look and feel of the universe you're creating. Given the chance, I'd definitely buy some of your shit.

8. Thanks for the comments. I'm glad people liked the mountains since they were bothering me. I didn't want to post in the topic until I had more stuff to show... which is now:

My attempt at animal drawing. I never do it... so I ended up combining some kind of desert fox with a ... hamster or something. I'm hoping drawing this comic for a few years will make drawing animals easier for me.

Just random snippets from the last few pages I've done. White bubbles in the pages is where text will eventually go. I put everything right on the original pages to save time drawing(a lot of dialogue in a detailed panel means I don't have to actually draw most of the detailed stuffs... instead of drawing it all and then blocking it out with text bubbles)

Given the chance, I'd definitely buy some of your shit.
    Thanks... I will probably... try to... sell you something! I'm going to try and print some books of this sometime in the future, so I'm hoping I don't screw up the writing.

9. The frame where he is watching the girl run off into the background is amazing. The white space used in the far distance to distinguish trees from each other is a nice touch. Overall, the textures created from your linework are great, it's never like, "man, this could use some color".

One thing I notice is that simplified ears are fine when the character is small in the frame, but the lack of detail is more apparent in close-ups. Also, the only thing I cannot read is the frame where the girl is in the water, holding up the serpent/fish thing. I can't tell if the fish has a gash in it's side, if the dark spot is it's eye or some other feature, or what she's doing (if it's a gash in the side, maybe it's dead and she's holding it up?).

10. Looks like an eye to me because it has lids and a pupil. But maybe a little more clean-up in the high definition areas is needed? I don't know. I'm not even going to pretend I can critique this to improve it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."