Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Cartoon argument thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by sethsez
    This is because you're 22 instead of 10. You didn't care that Battletoads was a cheap attempt to ride on the coattails of the TMNT frenzy because, hey, you were a kid and Battletoads was cool. The cynicism behind the product didn't matter.

It's like when people bitch about today's cartoons being nothing but repetitive plots with shitty animation, bumbling villains and a cheap moral tacked on and I feel like screaming go back and actually fucking watch He-Man!

What game series made EA gigantic again?

I have to disagree with the cartoon statement. The cartoon have gotton worse and they added a pile of crapy anime cartoon to go with it. I mean Bevis and Butthead was dumb "funny stupid" and even had something "serious" to say at time with their themes. Spong bob Square Pants is just dumb. All I have to say is watch it.

Mighty Max
    Swat Katz
    Batman series
    X men
    Johny Quest
    James bond Jr
    TMNT (still holds up)

The list could go on with good cartoons from the 80s/90s. Please list some good cartoons from this erra...
    Dont be a robot, be human.
    PSN: Di3heart

2. Quote Originally Posted by Zerohero
    I have to disagree with the cartoon statement. The cartoon have gotton worse and they added a pile of crapy anime cartoon to go with it. I mean Bevis and Butthead was dumb "funny stupid" and even had something "serious" to say at time with their themes. Spong bob Square Pants is just dumb. All I have to say is watch it.

Mighty Max
    Swat Katz
    Batman series
    X men
    Johny Quest
    James bond Jr
    TMNT (still holds up)

The list could go on with good cartoons from the 80s/90s. Please list some good cartoons from this erra...
    Wow, the point just went sailing by, didn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Revoltor
    Road Rash and possibly Need for Speed.
    Touche.

3. Quote Originally Posted by sethsez
    Wow, the point just went sailing by, didn't it?
    No I got the point I just wanted to comment on the cartoon statement.

Forget the fuckin shit...

4. Quote Originally Posted by Zerohero
    Venture Bros. is better than your entire list, with the exception of maybe Batman (which was a very good series.)
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

5. Some of you guys are to damn nostalgic.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Zerohero

Mighty Max
    Swat Katz
    Batman series
    X men
    Johny Quest
    James bond Jr WTF
    TMNT (still holds up)

Cowboy Bebop
    Full Metal Alchemist
    Bleach
    heat Guy J
    Justice League Unlimited
    Teen Titans
    Simpsons
    Family Guy
    Venture Bros.
    Harvey Birdman:AaL
    South Park
    Fosters Home of Imiginary Friends

This era has some pretty good stuff.

7. Quote Originally Posted by avatar
    Cowboy Bebop
    Full Metal Alchemist
    Bleach
    heat Guy J
    Justice League Unlimited
    Teen Titans
    Simpsons
    Family Guy
    Venture Bros.
    Harvey Birdman:AaL
    South Park
    Fosters Home of Imiginary Friends

This era has some pretty good stuff.
    No anime can be in the list man. I'm talking about all American.

Teen Titans
    Simpsons
    Family
    South Park

Are the only ones that are good enought to go against the 80s/90s cartoons.

8. All-American eh?

Okay Venture Bros,Avatar,Fosters,Harvey AaL are all american produced properties.

Anyway let me add
    Home Movies
    Grim Adventure of Billy and Mandy
    Aqua Teen Hungerforce
    The Critic

They are pretty good

9. Quote Originally Posted by avatar
    All-American eh?

Okay Venture Bros,Avatar,Fosters,Harvey AaL are all american produced properties.

Anyway let me add
    Home Movies
    Grim Adventure of Billy and Mandy
    Aqua Teen Hungerforce
    The Critic

They are pretty good
    Okay, first off, you didn't even list Futurama. Second, Billy and Mandy is not a good show. It's not Spongebob bad, but it isn't good. Third, The Critic was a 90's show.

This is the list done right:

Futurama
    Second season of Justice League
    Second season of Justice League Unlimited
    South Park (watch the Paris Hilton episode or the Satanic Christmas episode if you don't believe me)
    Venture Bros.
    Samurai Jack
    Star Wars: Clone Wars

You could add Adult Swim shows like ATHF, the first two seasons of Sealab, and Home Movies, but unlike the shows above, some could make an argument why they shouldn't be added. I'm sure there are other shows that I might have missed that belong on the list, but as it stands, the list answers the original reason why we're listing cartoon shows in a PS3 thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerohero
    The cartoon have gotton worse and they added a pile of crapy anime cartoon to go with it
    . . .
    Please list some good cartoons from this erra...
    And yes, I will be a dick by pointing out that Zerohero misspelled 'gotten', 'crappy', and 'era'.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

10. Quote Originally Posted by Cowdisease
    Okay, first off, you didn't even list Futurama. Second, Billy and Mandy is not a good show. It's not Spongebob bad, but it isn't good. Third, The Critic was a 90's show.

This is the list done right:

Futurama
    Second season of Justice League
    Second season of Justice League Unlimited
    South Park (watch the Paris Hilton episode or the Satanic Christmas episode if you don't believe me)
    Venture Bros.
    Samurai Jack
    Star Wars: Clone Wars

You could add Adult Swim shows like ATHF, the first two seasons of Sealab, and Home Movies, but unlike the shows above, some could make an argument why they shouldn't be added. I'm sure there are other shows that I might have missed that belong on the list, but as it stands, the list answers the original reason why we're listing cartoon shows in a PS3 thread.

And yes, I will be a dick by pointing out that Zerohero misspelled 'gotten', 'crappy', and 'era'.

Still doesn't beat the 80/90's cartoons of the quality of those decades. I give them credit though.

Instead of "dicking" me go dick your girlfriend or somethin...