Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I'm sick of the onslaught of comic book movies

1. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I wonder about that sometimes. They do a poor job of keeping him alive.

I really wonder what small children think when they go to the magic kingdom and see a lot of a character they barely know about and a little of the current block buster movies.
    Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Roadster Racers say you’re wrong.
    Source: Actual kids.
    Anecdote: Logan likes Donald better.

Now I'm imagining you doing a survey around the playground, and not just asking your own kids whom have access to a lot of Disney stuff through their parents.

And yes, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Roadster Racers justify the literal tons of merch at Disneyworld, vs something like Frozen. Or even Wreck it Ralph. Or the nonexistent Incredibles or Wall-E merch.

Seriously, that would have been like going to robot land as a kid and it having tons and tons of Gobots and Roboforce, and not droids or transformers

4. I recall reading something in the late 90's about Mario being more recognizable than Mickey Mouse, and I would imagine Sonic and Pikachu are there now. Mickey was almost exclusively a brand mascot when I was a kid. He wasn't really being used in a lot of cartoons.

You may have just been ignorant. Mickey branding was kind of big when we were kids if you had the channel. They still aired blocks of the old cartoon. And the mickey mouse ear adverts. And they still had a variation of the mickey mouse club. AND he had three or four video games on each console.

6. So what were the Mickey Mouse cartoons I was ignorant of, then?

Mickey's Christmas Carol?

8. Runaway Brain, Prince and the Pauper.

9. The xmas one I definitely recall, but the other two don't ring a bell.
    I remember there being a lot of merchandising, but he wasn't in the big Disney animated movies or TV series.

10. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    If 2005 was an onslaught, I don't know what 2017 is.
    Armageddon.

I don't mind the pace the movies are coming out at, even as saturated as they are now, they're easy enough to catch up with in a few afternoons if you fall out of it for a bit.

It's all the goddamn TV series that are the problem now, that shit's way more of a timesink and there are, what, like 20+ damn funnybook shows actively running between CW, ABC, Netflix, Hulu, AMC, Fox, and Syfy now? If they wanna go the TV route, TV/direct to streaming movies or limited miniseries would be a much better and more digestible fit for a lot of this stuff than perpetual 10-20 hour seasons. Ain't nobody got time for all that.