Page 1 of 10 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadowbane

1. Shadowbane

I'm not sure how I am going to be able to make the time for this game, but I've been following for a little while now.

Something about a mmorpg completely dedicated to pvp appeals to me (I love to pvp).

So anyone else keeping track of Shadowbane?

2. It supposed to r0X0r according to the makers.
    o_O

3. The graphics won't be as stellar as AC 2, but then again, AC 2 has a very limited number of races you can choose. I'm not very concerned about grahics anyways, just my personal tastes. One thing that has plagued the many mmorpgs out now is that equipment and connection speed has allowed players to dominate pvp, but with SB your weapon has a chance to break and on top of that a highly skilled player with a rusty weapon can defeat a medium skilled player with super twinked weapons! This is a great idea!

Plus, Shadowbane is being released for 40 bucks instead of the standard 50-60. I don't think this discount is because the game is second tier, but maybe for us poor college kids.

It's been delayed for quite some time, now Feb is the target date. Good Pvp is what I'm looking for here and I'll be sure to see how the land ownage thing goes.

Also looking for a guild to join, the game is supposed to built around the guild system, so no more half assed unhelpful guilds! Also to discourage grief killing it has been manditory to join a guild, so if you go around pking everyone or cuasing unhealthy mayhem you will endanger your guild along with yourself if you travel anywhere. Being Kos will be a big deal in this game.

4. I like how I can own real-estate and sell it as well as being able to level other homes and villages.
    o_O

5. I have been following SB for over a year, its actually based around City building and guild interaction and seiging more than PvP. The fact there is no PvP switch is cool, and they are trying to balance it so that it is less stat based and more based on your skillz. I guess you can reach the soft level cap in like a week, so its not like LevelQuest or AC. Its also not item based because everything is pretty much made by a blacksmith.

If anyone is the slightest bit interested in this game, I suggest you go to the website and download/print all the history and lore...which is a good 40 pages or so...if that doesnt get you into the game nothing will.

There is also a cool feature, that if you want to become a "War Herald" you can volunteer to write about what happened in battles and have it posted on the website.

2 other cool things real quick...

1. The 5 (I think) servers are different continents of the world, each having their own attributes and effects on different races/class, and if you have the right skills, you can actually traverse between them.

2. The world map on their site will be linked to the servers and will tell you who is the ruling city in what area and how long, and is dynamic as stuff happens in the world.

If they pull this game off it will be some welcome innovation it the trite world of MMORPG.

If you preorder at like Software Etc, you get a code to unlock some restricted races (Minotaur, Centaur and the bird-like Aracroix)

6. I'm sold.

ºTracer
    o_O

7. Originally posted by TracerBullet
    I'm sold.

ºTracer
    What aspect sold you?

8. ...its actually based around City building and guild interaction and seiging more than PvP.
    Simply put, if they pull that off I am sold. My main goal will to become a land whore. Bought and sold, I fight with my wits not so much with my Sword, or maybe Flail if there's an option for those.

Can I build and destroy ships too? I want boats.
    o_O

9. Originally posted by TracerBullet
    Can I build and destroy ships too? I want boats.
    Not at launch, but the engine can handle it and Wolfpack has said they really want Naval battles.

Also, if you create a town, you can control the economy of it...such as what your blacksmith would charge for a sword for guild members and outsiders...which means there are no "craft" skills for the players...but hey, this seems much cooler to me. You also select what the blacksmiths make, and how many to keep in stock. You can also hire guards to defend the city and put people/clans/nations on the Kill on Sight list and set the general level of security.

Its going to be a hell of a game.

10. I want craft skills

Basically: I want Morrowind with better balance, multiplayer, boats I can build and pilot (and MORE SKILLS) a more refined combat and magic skill system (ala mutiple kinds of 'long sword' skills.. not a fixall long sword skill) and all the town stuff that Shadowbane has... and universal voice communication

...and 5 really fucking big maps, each with a server dedicated tp each map.

ºTracer
    o_O