Page 1 of 19 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: V for Vendetta

1. Ninja V for Vendetta

Yeah, I did a fucking search first, and no there arent any 'V' threads yet ( I thought there were too).

Anyways, Wachowski brothers from Matrix fame (infamy?) are doing this.Stars Natalie Portman and Hugo Weaving (AKA Agent Smith) as the vigilante. Never read the DC Vertigo comics it was based off of so I have no expectations. Doesnt look too bad from the preview, I guess. Although some of the scenes of the Nazi-fascist government stomping around look a bit campy to me. The only other thing that may hurt the flick are the pro-terrorism undertones.

Check out the trailer:

http://vforvendetta.warnerbros.com/trailer.html
    Last edited by Jetman; 06 Aug 2005 at 11:08 PM.

2. Well, I love the book, and I have no love for this project.
    The book itself is an epic and there is no way you can get it all into two hours, without removing some important parts. I mean, it would be a better duology, than a single movie, at the very least.
    I'll probably see it anyway.
    OMG <3 4EVA
    Scourge:Azumanga Daioh is exactly the same thing as Ninja Scroll.
    buttcheeks: High school so weird

3. I was interested until I saw the trailer...just came across lame to me.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

4. Quote Originally Posted by Jetman
    Never read the DC Vertigo comics it was based off of so I have no expectations.
    You should go read it. It's like one of the ten best comics ever written (it's what Alan Moore did after Watchmen), it'll probably cost you less to buy than to go see the movie, and will probably be better.

Alan Moore's disowned the movie, and actually gave his cut of the money away to the book's artist. He didn't like how the Wachowski bros cut out subplots so the film could come in at under 5 hours long. This is what made him swear off working with DC. Again. Of course, Moore's also a total prima donna, so it's probably nothing.

Although an interview with Portman I read hinted that you may see V's face at the end, which would be lame

For the record, I actually thought the trailer looked really good.
    -Kyo

5. I wasn't aware that Alan Moore wrote the comic. Interest +1.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. Ah, flashy bullet time effects for a comic that didn't even have speed lines. Woo.

7. Kirby

hmm so the hero is going to be a terrorist
    using terrorist tactics to bring down a government he doesn't like

when is it supposed to come out again

8. Quote Originally Posted by WTFer
    hmm so the hero is going to be a terrorist
    using terrorist tactics to bring down a government he doesn't like

when is it supposed to come out again
    You'd have to read it first.
    It all makes sense then.
    OMG <3 4EVA

Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    Although an interview with Portman I read hinted that you may see V's face at the end, which would be lame
    I liked how they handled that in the book. It made perfect sense to me, seeing his face would be beyond dumb.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    I liked how they handled that in the book. It made perfect sense to me, seeing his face would be beyond dumb.
    That is an understatement.
    It would be the worst moment in all cinematography.
    Fans would slaughter the Wachoiski Bros. in the street.
    OMG <3 4EVA