Page 1 of 10 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Aggression

1. Canadian Aggression

As many of you have probably noticed Canada and Denmark are set on course for conflict:

Quote Originally Posted by CBC News
    Diplomatic dispute over Arctic heats up

Defence Minister Bill Graham's recent visit to an Arctic island off the northwest coast of Greenland has set off a diplomatic row.

The UPI news agency reported that Canadian troops landed on the island a week before Mr Graham's visit, planted a Canadian flag and built an Inuit stone marker.

Last week, Graham walked about on 1.3-square-kilometre Hans Island. Graham said Canada has always considered Hans Island its territory. In 1984, Denmark's minister of Greenland affairs raised a Danish flag on the island. He then buried a bottle of brandy at the base of the flagpole and left a note saying "Welcome to the Danish island." Danish navy ships visited in the island in 2002 and 2003.

Mr. Graham noted that the recent defence policy statement articulated that Canada's forces would become more active in the North. He said the department will be using more unmanned aerial vehicles in the Arctic, as well as increased satellite coverage.

Denmark says it will send a protest letter to Canada over the incident.
    Since this news the situation has escalated beyond control. I have setup an independant emergency website following the news upfront:

http://eukodal.homepage.dk/

Danish territory.

Danish troops on danish territory.

A map showing where the incursion took place.

Feel free to follow the latest developments on my website.
    Last edited by dakidski; 25 Jul 2005 at 08:15 PM.
    nocturne:
    "I view terrorists as freedom fighters."

2. Oh god it's Alaska all over again!

It does look like it's on their side.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. First Denmark, then the world! Anyway, once the ice caps melt it wont matter anyway.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Oh god it's Alaska all over again!

It does look like it's on their side.
    What did they do to the poor alaskans?
    nocturne:

5. Who cares? Why are first-world nations always such drama queens over such shit strips of barren wasteland? The Falklands, Dokdo, and now this garbage.
    Time for a change

6. No one cares about Denmark or Canada

Giltch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    No one cares about Denmark or Canada
    IBTN.

8. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    Who cares? Why are first-world nations always such drama queens over such shit strips of barren wasteland? The Falklands, Dokdo, and now this garbage.
    I beleive they care about it because at some point those polar ice caps are going to melt and that long dreamt of northwest passage is going to open up...meaning tax revenues for whomever owns the territorial rights.

9. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    Who cares? Why are first-world nations always such drama queens over such shit strips of barren wasteland? The Falklands, Dokdo, and now this garbage.
    Well, how would you feel if someone messed about in your garden moving around stones and other inconsequential objects? Their are crossing your border without warning and causing a ruckus!

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    No one cares about Denmark or Canada
    Perhaps The U.S. would beg to differ. After we showed ourselves as true allies in Iraq, perhaps they will support us in this utmost serious matter.
    nocturne:

10. Canada vs. Denmark, a showdown of the obsolescent.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."