Thread: Namco Collection

1. Namco Collection

How long has it been out? I know it was discussed awhile ago but couldn't find the old thread. I might as well get it as I don't feel like paying the going price for a complete PS1 Klonoa, let alone finding it. Plus having old school RR is sorta nice novelty (not old Tekken tho, blehhh):

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-m7y.html#
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 26 Jul 2005 at 05:00 PM.

2. The original RR sucks now. I just played it a little while back

3. Hmmmm. Yeah. Klonoa may be the only one on there truly worth owning.

4. I'd hope this would have the arcade (System 22) version of Ridge Racer on it with its higher resolution and 60 FPS, but I'm doubting it somewhat. Tekken doesn't matter since a perfect arcade port is already in Tekken 5.

http://namco-ch.net/namcollection/index.php

5. All of the games are the PSOne versions.

I'd swear the port/buggy conversion/emulated version of Ridge Racer on there runs worse than you originally remember as well. The higher resolution seems to have a very strange effect with the frame rate which is now erratic, It just looks wrong.

I certainly couldn't recommend this collection at all, For an anniversary package its really badly done.

6. what about the bonus stuff like the galleries, is it any good ?

7. The bonus material is somewhat decent, For some of the games there are superplay's where you can watch someone do a record time on a track on RR for example.

The Galleries aren't anything you won't have seen before if you are familiar with the old Namco collection series on the PSone, Nice quality in terms of display but they haven't made that much of an effort unfortunately to give you alot of variety unless more unlocks after certain playtime criteria?

8. I could use this disk for Klonoa since I missed out awhile back.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

9. Quote Originally Posted by Kron
    All of the games are the PSOne versions.

I'd swear the port/buggy conversion/emulated version of Ridge Racer on there runs worse than you originally remember as well. The higher resolution seems to have a very strange effect with the frame rate which is now erratic, It just looks wrong.

I certainly couldn't recommend this collection at all, For an anniversary package its really badly done.
    30 FPS Ridge Racer would be bad enough for this. A version with an erratic frame rate (bad memories of the screwed-up Dreamcast Sega Rally 2 evoked) means a long Hail Mary pass from me on this one.

10. Big thanks to Kron on his impressions. I'm gonna go with Steve-o and pass on this one too (for now assuming i can find Klonoa complete in decent shape and reasonable)