Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Desperate Times for the Matrix Online

1. Desperate Times for the Matrix Online

I keep saying to people that I will be shocked if The Matrix Online lasts a solid year. As I still continue to recieve their newsletter long after my subscription has expired, today's major announcement had me giggling all morning.

Community Update: World Merge

The Matrix Online is a game that, ultimately, is about community; for that reason we want to see that players can meet easily and join together in-game for fun and friendship. Recently, members of the community have noted that it can be difficult to find other players in The Matrix: Mega City. The current level of population density can limit opportunities for socializing with other players which are such a key part of our worlds.

Bringing Worlds Together

On August 2, 2005, we will be merging the nine current worlds into three new worlds. This merge should help to increase the number of players on any world at any given time. One world will be Hostile while the other two will run under normal PvP rules. Here is the breakdown of which worlds are being joined together:

Enumerator, Heuristic, Input --> Hostile World
    Method, Regression, Iterator --> Normal World
    Proxy, Linenoise, Output --> Normal World

Character Transfers and Additional Character Slots

In conjunction with the world merge, we'll be providing players with a total of three character slots on each new world. If you have characters on more than one of the merging worlds, they will all be transferred to the applicable new world. If you had fewer than three existing characters, you'll have open slots to create brand new characters.

When you log-in after the merge takes place, you'll be able to select which character you'd like to use on any world. You can also select an empty slot to create a new character.

Crews and Factions

Crew and Faction data will also be carried over to the new server worlds. In the event that your Crew or Faction name conflicts with another Crew or Faction's name on the new world, the Crew or Faction name will have a tag appended to it. If you want to change a modified name after the merge occurs, you'll be able to contact customer service to rename your Crew or Faction.

XP and $Info Boost

For a limited period of time after the new worlds come online, we'll also be increasing the amount of XP (experience points) and $Info (in-game currency) you can earn. The $Info bonus will apply to gang NPCs and the XP bonus will apply to both gangs and missions. It'll be the perfect time to start a new character in an open slot!

We're also including something that players have been asking for, especially those at higher levels.

RSI Attribute Reconfiguration Hack

Make sure you have an open slot in your Inventory folks, 'cause it's time to hack your RSI Attributes! Every character will receive an RSI Attribute Reconfiguration Hack. This handy little item will allow you to reset your character's Attributes to their original starting values and re-assign Attribute points where you see fit. The RARH only works once, so plan accordingly.

New Player-Named Worlds

The three new worlds will be just that-all new. (The machines like to keep things tidy.) We're leaving it up to The Matrix Online community to name these new worlds. Players will be able to vote on the possible server names in the Broadcast Depth forum. The three names that get the most votes will be used for the new worlds. Voting begins on Thursday, July 28th, and closes on Friday, July 29th, so players should join in and vote right away!

We appreciate your loyalty and continued support for the game and our team. We are very excited about this transition and we hope that, after you see what we have planned, you will be too. See you in The Matrix!

For more information on the World Merge, check out www.thematrixonline.com.
    Nine servers down to three and other whacky moves. Ouch.
    Play Guitar Hero //

2. Translation: God we suck at making video games. Fuck you, Neo!

3. More like "We suck at patching our own game". The stories I could tell. . but I think the infamous week of the 80% global XP nerf, instead of simply fixing the repeated mission exploit it was supposed to deter speaks for itself.
    Play Guitar Hero //

lolz
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

5. hmm sad thing is, i really enjoyed the trial i played of it. it had some really good ideas about how not to do a standard class/level type game and i wish more games took its approach, also the combat was actually far more interesting than most mmos i have played. but i wasnt around long enough to see the patching situation so i assume it was a swg style developer sponered suicide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

6. I was in the beta, and never in the live game, it was a heap of shit then and I can only imagine it still is. Anyway, I still get the "Sentinal" whenever something goes down too, and well looks like the only thing going down is the game.

7. I vote to name the servers BarrenWasteland, SwitchtoWOW, and SexChangeOperation.

8. ShouldHaveStoppedAfterOneMovie, WoahNoSpoon, and NeoStillDies.

9. OrgasmCake, Trinityhasnotits, Inthefuturetherearenowhitepeople
    Time for a change

10. CrazyAfricanDanceParty, WhoAreTheseWhiteRastafarians?, TwoDykesWithRocketLauncher