Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unlicensed Sports Games

1. Unlicensed Sports Games

I know that Midway is doing Blitz: Playmakers, which will be a fake league with off-field controversies, dirty hits, etc. Meh. Where are the real pro football games?

What about unlicensed games using real rules and updated stats, but with no names (just numbers) on players, only referring to teams by their city (Boston, Detroit, New York, etc.) and using similar colors to real teams? John Madden Football, for example, started with no NFL license. That didn't prevent it from being successful.

Are any of these games scheduled to come out or in development? Or has the competition just rolled over for EA?
    No gnus is good gnus.

2. Games without licenses were successful because games with them didn't exist or weren't all that great. Different times, now. You can't just up and say "Well, it worked then, so why not now?"

3. Joust, I think a game with a big player's name on it (current or recently retired) would have a shot.

You're right, it might not work today. But I'd to see some company give it a try. As best as I can tell, nobody is trying, at least not this year.
    No gnus is good gnus.

4. Well, they can't have a game with a current player's name on it. And Blitz is giving it a shot

5. What if they took hockey players and put them into football games >.>

6. They should really really really really start the Mutant League series up again.

7. Or Robots, shit, let's just go with robots/cyborgs.

Edit: ZOMBIES

8. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    They should really really really really start the Mutant League series up again.
    Umm... EA owns the Mutant League franchise.

They dont need to respond to themselves getting Madden exclusivity.

9. Quote Originally Posted by RoleTroll
    Joust, I think a game with a big player's name on it (current or recently retired) would have a shot.
    GameCube tried this, and those games didn't sell vary well.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

10. Mario Football will save the day!
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."