Thread: AIM Virus "haha look," "lol look" etc..

1. AIM Virus "haha look," "lol look" etc..

A friend of mine has an AIM virus or worm that IMs everyone she knows with a message saying something to the effect of "lol look at something/something/picture.pif." I Googled it but everything says AOL has it under control which is apparantly a falsehood.

If anyone happens to know how to get rid of this help out. Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, etc.

Thanks!

2. A sweep with an antivirus program should take care of it, assuming the definitions are up to date. Tell your friend not to click on everything she sees in chat windows, too.

3. Someone I know had this. It's like "lmao, you gotta see this <weird link>". I scanned my shit (didn't click on it) and found nothing. I got the same message from another friend and told him to scan his shit and it found a few viruses. Not sure what it even does though.

4. I hate these things. I remember when my sister infected my family's old computer with this.

Twice.

5. Sisters are so dumb.

6. Quote Originally Posted by cka
    A sweep with an antivirus program should take care of it, assuming the definitions are up to date. Tell your friend not to click on everything she sees in chat windows, too.
    Easy enough. Thanks.

If her antivirus prog doesn't catch it, take a visit to housecall.trendmicro.com
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

8. Yea my friend had this virus kept sending random instant message to my phone and home pc. I think he couldn't get rid of it so he made a new SN and works ok I guess. It was annoying though I had to block him from my list.