Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wii for $250 on November 19

1. News Wii for $250 on November 19

Nintendo has revealed to the New York Times and Seattle Post-Intelligencer that its Wii console will make its much anticipated debut on November 19 for the retail price of $250. The price may be $50 more than some were expecting, but Nintendo is including Wii Sports as a pack-in title. [Update: Nintendo confirms info, adds detail]

More...
    (Link to GameDaily.com)
    Last edited by Nick; 14 Sep 2006 at 11:26 AM.

2. Brick Tamlin wouldn't lie to us. SHIDOSHI
    Donk

3. Wii Sports? Meh.

Guess its better than nothing though. Wasnt really expecting a pack-in game.

I am super-disappointed in the VC. I knew what was likely coming but my stupid friends who don't understand how the world works had my hopes up.

I'll buy a wii when the earlier of two events occurs: 1)Super Smash Bros is released, 2) I can get Blast Corps. on the VC.

Pack in a retro shell, douchebags.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

5. Too expensive.

6. If I quit my backup job before October 19th I'm all over this. If I don't then I'll get one if they're readily available in December.

Further updates as progress warrants.

7. $250 for a GameCube with a remote control is a lot of money.

Probably costing Nintendo about $75 to make.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    $250 for a GameCube with a remote control is a lot of money.

Probably costing Nintendo about $75 to make.
    No kidding, Nintendo is laughing all the way to the bank, again. I am guessing 8-bit NES games will be $5 a download, 16-bit SNES/Genie title to be around $8 and N64 titles to be $10+. I bet someone in Taiwan will crack the system so you can just put a complete set of roms on it

9. I was hoping it was going to be a little cheaper. I'll still def. get it if I can swing that kind of money in November, though.

A pack in game is a nice surprise too. It's also a way for Nintendo to have the best selling game of the year.