Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Idiot at EGM sez vertical shooters are as disliked as text adventure games.

1. EGM's reviews are usually on-point, but they should be emabarassed to run that copy. It has nothing to do with lunatic niche fans or anything, dissing a genre that important to gaming just makes them look like they don't know what they're talking about.
    -Kyo

2. Damn...I can't believe I used to subscribe to them
    "The only way microsoft would make something that doesn't suck is if they made vacuums"

3. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    EGM's reviews are usually on-point, but they should be emabarassed to run that copy. It has nothing to do with lunatic niche fans or anything, dissing a genre that important to gaming just makes them look like they don't know what they're talking about.
    Some serious truth-ism going on here, I tells ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    It's an old picture of satsuki. I'm changing it to something One Piece related when I get home, since everyone is getting confused about who is posting.
    Dude, that is dope. The next time we get a hot chick to post in the forum and she makes the mistake of posting her picture, I'ma gonna steal it before she takes it down and make it as my sig with little flashing lights and hearts.

4. Wow you guys act like this is such a huge deal. Who gives a shit.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

5. Where have you been? Sats is the resident 'hot girl' here on TNL. I swear she even has a cult. A cult!

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

6. Quote Originally Posted by Giga Power
    Where have you been? Sats is the resident 'hot girl' here on TNL. I swear she even has a cult. A cult!
    Obviosuly I don't browse the pic threads much. And it would stand to reaosn that a girl with fangs would have a cult....

7. Wow, EGM was right on the money for once. Well, almost, I'd play Zork long before I'd waste time on another vertical shooter.

By the way,

Horizontal Shooters > Vertical Shooters

Border Down 4 Life.

I don't know, what do you think?...
    Time for a change

8. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    EGM's reviews are usually on-point, but they should be emabarassed to run that copy. It has nothing to do with lunatic niche fans or anything, dissing a genre that important to gaming just makes them look like they don't know what they're talking about.
    How do you figure V Shooters are important to gaming? Don't get me wrong, I've had Radiant Silvergun, and Ikaruga, and played a lot of V Shooters in my lifetime, but I think they're anything but important.

9. This wasn't even a review. It was an import watch blurb of about a paragraph in length.

A pretty good one it seems too. The game sounds rediculous.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

10. Regardless, I find it irritating that an industry that claims to be "all grown up" and full of "mature" gamers- all gaming publications are immature dribble.