Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How fast is your connection?

1. How fast is your connection?

Just curious as to what everyone has for an internet connection since I'm upgrading to cable on Monday. right now I use 56k and I'm sick of how shitty it is for gaming. My cable will be 1.5m or 1,500k ..I think.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

2. Right now I am on a cable modem, much nicer then my old 56K that is for sure But I can't play any PSO online

3. dsl...but with the bandwith limit on the boards it seems like dial up...oh and that 1.5meg crap...it will never get close to that speed
    "Punch the yeti! Win a free Llama!"

4. I've had my cable for about 8 monthes, and it's ooooooooh so tasty...

5. Originally posted by innova
    dsl...but with the bandwith limit on the boards it seems like dial up...oh and that 1.5meg crap...it will never get close to that speed
    True, my connection claims 3meg but all I ever get is around 800k average, 1.5 is about the highest I ever got on offpeak which is half of what they claim, the slowest I get is around 500k which still beat 56k anyday.

According to DSL Reports:

download speed: 1278
    upload speed: 290

Edit: Thanks Werewolf for pointing that out.

7. Originally posted by Tones
    According to DSL Reports:

Upload speed: 1278
    Download speed: 290
    uhhh... I think you got those numbers reversed, shouldn't it be the otherway around?

8. 343-down
    94-up

... this is with DSL

... not as fast as Cable was... but the cable sucked ass after @home went down...

[edit]... also note, i'm downloading a bunch of crap with Kazaa right now... so that probably made a difference

9. 56k right now, but more than likely over the summer I will switch to high speed cable with the arrival of a new & superior computer.
    It's a mirror image!

10. i'm using cable. and i'm trying to rape it so badly by dling whatever i can get my grubby hands on.