Thread: Jose Conseco's on the Final Word with Jim R.

1. Jose Conseco's on the Final Word with Jim R.

I was flipping by Fox Sports and Jim Rome had an interview with Jose Conseco. Conseco is basically saying that he did'nt want to retire, but the league has forced him to. He keeps telling Jim R. that if you read the book, it will all make sense, as to why the league has pushed him out of baseball. He talks about an enormous amount of baseball players using steroids, and how the league is'nt doing anything about it. With the recent amount of home runs coming from players, could Conseco be right? Are guys like Bonds, Macguire, and Sosa really hitting legit home runs, or has baseball been demoralized, from being America's favorite passtime, to corporate greed.

2. Jose Conseco sucks. Yes he was MVP several years back. Yes he had some great seasons in terms of Home run production but that was way back in the early 90's.

But, imo, he shouldn't be out of the league. There are many ball players that are worse than Conseco and are still in the league. But like all sports, i guess its 'what have you done for me lately?'. Teams can easily find players that can put up the same #s as the currect Conseco and will cost less.

He is way past his prime. Probably a bench player at best now. No defense. below average offense.

As for the book he's coming out with. Can't wait to read it.

Are guys like Bonds, Macguire, and Sosa really hitting legit home runs
    sluggers use 'roids, its not even a question. At one time or another they have.

He's pissed at MLB for 'conspiring' (mlb doesn't want him to join the elite class of the 500 hr hitters) against him so he's countering by making a book to exploit the dark side including affairs star players were having, etc. Also heard he will be dealing with racial issues as well in the book.

I'm definitely checking this book out .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

Combine this book with the upcoming strike and MLB could have a hard time recovering. Hell, half the clubs still haven't recovered from the 94-95 strike and this one, which many estimate may last more than one season, may just kill it for young fans.

very sad

4. nice little article on bonds and the possibility of steroid use

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/bayarea/s...ts/3350473.htm
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

5. damn, when it rains it pours..check out the front page of www.cnnsi.com

Ex-Al MVP, Ken Caminiti admits to taking steroids the year he won mvp, and this quote is disturbing:

"Look at all the money in the game," Caminiti said. "A kid got $252 million. So I can't say, 'Don't do it,' not when the guy next to you is as big as a house and he's going to take your job and make the money."