Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Jackson jurors now regret aquittal.

1. Two Jackson jurors now regret aquittal.

If you thought most of the Michael Jackson jurors looked like idiots in their press photos then get ready for confirmation of that fact. The only question I have is, if these two were so unsure of his innocence then why didn't they stick to their guns to vote guilty? I'm a bit ignorant of some court proceedings, would a hung jury have gotten him off completely scott free?

Anyways, arrggghh:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050808/...jackson_jurors

LOS ANGELES - Two of the jurors who voted to acquit singer Michael Jackson of child molestation and other charges say they regret their decisions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Jurors Ray Hultman and Eleanor Cook, who both have pending book deals, planned to appear Monday night on the new MSNBC show "Rita Cosby: Live and Direct."

In a preview shown Monday on NBC's "Today," Cosby asked Cook if the other jurors will be angry with her.

"They can be as angry as they want to. They ought to be ashamed. They're the ones that let a pedophile go," responded Cook, 79.

Hultman, 62, told Cosby he was upset with the way other jurors approached the case: "The thing that really got me the most was the fact that people just wouldn't take those blinders off long enough to really look at all the evidence that was there."

Hultman has said previously that when jurors took an anonymous poll early in their deliberations he was one of three jurors who voted for conviction.

On June 13, the jurors unanimously acquitted Jackson of all charges, which alleged that he molested a 13-year-old boy, plied the boy with wine and conspired to hold him and his family captive so they would make a video rebutting a damaging television documentary.

Explaining the turnaround by Cook and Hultman, Larry Garrison, who is working with both on their separate books and a combined television movie, said all the jurors "had an agreement (to be united) and then basically when they went on 'Larry King Live,' both Eleanor and Ray couldn't tolerate what was going on anymore. They said, 'Enough is enough.'"

Cook told Cosby: "The air reeked of hatred and people were angry and I had never been in an atmosphere like that before."

In June, Hultman told The Associated Press about the verdict: "That's not to say he's an innocent man. He's just not guilty of the crimes he's been charged with."

During an appearance on ABC's "Good Morning America" with five other jurors in June, Cook was one of three who raised their hands when asked if they thought Jackson may have molested other children but not the 13-year-old boy.

"We had our suspicions, but we couldn't judge on that because it wasn't what we were there to do," she said at the time.

Hultman's book will be called "The Deliberator" and Cook's is "Guilty as Sin, Free as a Bird," said Garrison. Part of the profits from their book sales will go to charity, he said.

Both were in seclusion and unavailable for comment until after the MSNBC broadcast, Garrison said.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 08 Aug 2005 at 02:55 PM.

2. Nothing like a little controversey to get some fame.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Thief~Silver
    Nothing like a little controversey to get some fame.
    Exactly, this could just be some PR on their part to get some flash for their book deals. Either way they are a couple of pussies. If I was on that jury I would have steadfastly resisted and railed against the ones who wanted to vote innocent.

4. Who cares, Jackson is leaving the country anyway.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

5. LOS ANGELES - Two of the jurors who voted to acquit singer Michael Jackson of child molestation and other charges say they regret their decisions.

Jurors Ray Hultman and Eleanor Cook, who both have pending book deals, planned to appear Monday night on the new MSNBC show "Rita Cosby: Live and Direct."

In a preview shown Monday on NBC's "Today," Cosby asked Cook if the other jurors will be angry with her.

"They can be as angry as they want to. They ought to be ashamed. They're the ones that let a pedophile go," responded Cook, 79.
    Wait, didn't Cook vote to aquit Jackson?? And now she's turning around and saying the other jurors ought to be ashamed because "they're the ones that let a pedophile go"?

Is blatant hypocracy OK as long as you regret your original decision?

LOL what a bitch.
    MK2 on XBLA plz - let the unfolding of gameplay begin!!

6. What johnk said, that Cook dame is a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by voltz
    Who cares, Jackson is leaving the country anyway.
    So he's pulling a Polanski on us huh?

That reminds me, anyone read the recently unsealed Polanski transcripts of he and the 13 year old girl? *Barfs* The man was an even more contemptible felon than I thought. The girl was asked by the judge why she gave into Polanski and she said "Because I was afraid of him."

The heck with extradition. If I was president I'd send a team to extract him. ha

7. "Proven guilty without any reasonable doubt."

Michael Jackson is free. Let him live his life. Although, his ass better go on tour.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    I'm a bit ignorant of some court proceedings, would a hung jury have gotten him off completely scott free?
    Nope. He gets a whole new trial then.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. Quote Originally Posted by The Chronicle
    Michael Jackson is free. Let him live his life. Although, his ass better go on tour.
    I can't wait for his new album.
    I'm buying it on the day it comes out.
    If it comes out, that is.
    OMG <3 4EVA
    Scourge:Azumanga Daioh is exactly the same thing as Ninja Scroll.
    buttcheeks: High school so weird

Quote Originally Posted by The Chronicle
    "Proven guilty without any reasonable doubt."

Well they still love him lots overseas (Asia).