Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a design for a tattoo (Another one!)

Need a design for a tattoo (Another one!)

I want Ares (Mars, in Roman myth) more than anything, but that would have to be totally the artist's work as all Ares art in history has traditionally been a naked artsy Greek man as opposed to Zeus art. Ares had two horses, Flame and Terror, with which he rode into battle and he held a spear in one hand, and shield in the other.

Ares rode into battle on the side of the Trojans with his horses, Flame and Terror, pulling his war chariot. He swooped down to help Aphrodite defend her son Aineias (Aeneas) (Iliad, book 5, line 355) and saved him from sure death at the hands of the Achaians. While Ares protected Aineias with his shield, Aphrodite made her escape to Mount Olympos to tend her wounds.
    Fast Facts on Ares
    Greek God of War
    Appearance: A bearded, good-looking man in the prime of life (at least before TV interpretations, where he is portrayed as a vigorous, handsome young man).

Symbol or Attribute: The spear. He is also associated with vultures and dogs.

Strengths: Decisive, determined, fearless.

Weaknesses:Impulsive, bloodthirsty, raring for a fight regardless of the consequences.

Affairs: No spouse, and his main love is war, but he didn't have too many lonely nights. Repeatedly deceived the smith god Hephaestus by making love with his beautiful wife Aphrodite. The sun god Helios saw them and revealed the affair to the rest of the Olympians, the males of whom dropped down to watch, embarassing Aphrodite and Ares.
    Or if you'd prefer Mars, which might make a more interesting tattoo.

Mars is portrayed as a warrior in full battle armor, wearing a crested helmet and bearing a shield. His sacred animals are the wolf and the woodpecker.

I'd also like a minotaur or a griffin if Ares is too hard to do...but at the same time, I don't want to be copying someone else's tattoo so it's hard to find a picture online that isn't 1500 years old and shitty.

I like this: http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/minipo...gh/griffin.jpg which is art from Alice in Wonderland

and this: http://www.molokosynthemesc.com/sear...t+size%3D-1%3E but like I said, I don't want someone else's tattoo.

it's going to go on the upper left corner of my back; I'd pay the artist if I wind up using it.

Ares:

When it comes down to it, though; a griffin will most likely make the best design for a tattoo.
    Last edited by Rich; 26 Oct 2005 at 03:23 AM.

2. Please don't do anything you'll regret.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap
    Please don't do anything you'll regret.
    I won't.

Granted I'm very fickle, so who'll know in 10 years

It's something I can live with though; I don't want anything in a place that would be shown if I was wearing short sleeves and shorts.

4. Get the word FUCK on your chest. Or maybe a bomb with a big F on it, you know "droppin' the F-Bomb"
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

Quote Originally Posted by Clash!
    Get the word FUCK on your chest. Or maybe a bomb with a big F on it, you know "droppin' the F-Bomb"
    That'd be classic considering I use "fuck" way too much, being an NY native.

Giltch Guest
    How about a penis?

That Ares tattoo is straight out of the D&D 3rd edition Deities and Demigods book, just so you know.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

Is there any particular reason you want a greek god on your body?

"Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

Giltch Guest
    Shit, I wouldn't mind having Krotos tattooed on me.