Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SCREW SONY VAIO!!!!!!!!!

1. Thumbs Down SCREW SONY VAIO!!!!!!!!!

A few days ago my bro bought a Sony Vaio widescreen laptop (VGN-A49GP), worked great for a few days till my bro screwed up and downloaded some stupid file from the net and got hit by the recent MSBLAST worm that kept restarting the his computer. So I offerend to help since I have been hit by msblast in the past and had gotten rid of it. This one somehow just wouldn’t go away, no matter what fix tools or scans I download it kept restarting the system and not detecting anything. So bro decided let’s format the PC since it was full of Sony junk anyways. Now, what we didn’t know was that the computer doesn’t come with a windows CD nor does come with a recovery CD or drivers for re-installation. Since I have a corporate verision of windows xp pro, I never cared for Sony’s windows since I have it, and I figured I’ll download the drivers from the sony vaio website. Guess what? THE FUCKING SITE DOESN’T HAVE SHIT! I have looked virtually everywhere, and the only shit I can find was screensaver, PDF, sony DVD editing software and some unnecessary junk like that! It was so frustrating since after formatting, the resolution formatted was for 4:3 monitor, speakers/sound device doesn’t work, wifi not being detected….and lots of other shit isn’t gonna work unless you have the drivers. I spent all day trying to figure shit out.

Today my bro call the sony dealer we bought the PC from and the fuckers told us that we need to bring the laptop to the store to have windows and drivers re-installed, and not only that, we have to pay a fee when the computer is only one week old!

Bro got so frustrated(and I mean it) he literally blew up over the phone and bitched them out screaming his lungs-out!!!!! The guy kept apologizing and eventually offered us to burn the “Recovery CD” they have. As I type this my bro is going over to pick up the recovery CD from the assholes, he promised the guy that he is never buying shit from them ever again! I don’t know who’s stupid policy is it to not included windows and important drivers with their computers. I have bought a vaio in the past and it came with all CDs, but this one in particular didn’t come with shit. maybe it's something the dealer is doing to have people come back for re-installation and paying money for it, but i we wernt buyin' it.

do Vaio computer in the states come with the windows, drivers and recovery CD? i dont know if this is something Sony is doing or if it's that fucked up store we bought it from.

also, does anyone know where i can find the full drivers for that perticular model? (VGN-A49GP)

thanks!

Giltch Guest
    Sony pwned you.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Glitch 2.0
    Sony pwned you.
    i'll say!

i'm still buying the PS3 though!

What happened to buying a Mac?
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

5. Quote Originally Posted by marwan
    I'll remember this thread when your PS3 breaks and laugh...........

You'll probably see more of this in the future. For whatever reason, it is cheaper to sell you a computer done up that way. I forget if MS gives them the OS cheeper by doing it this way, or if its to save a nickel by not giving you a copy of the OS and/or recovery disk.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Revoltor
    What happened to buying a Mac?

he decided to stick to PC since he liked the Vaio. also he was a bit hesitated with the mac purchase since he never used a mac OS before, and just incase he has some incompatibily issues with some of his current software.

after all of this, i wish he had bought a mac instead!

Quote Originally Posted by sphere79
    I'll remember this thread when your PS3 breaks and laugh...........

I had a PS1 that worked perfectly fine, and currently own a PS2/PSP that are in perfect condition *knocks on wood*

so if history repeats itself, the PS3 shouldn't break either!

Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    You'll probably see more of this in the future. For whatever reason, it is cheaper to sell you a computer done up that way. I forget if MS gives them the OS cheeper by doing it this way, or if its to save a nickel by not giving you a copy of the OS and/or recovery disk.

the Vaio was anything but cheap.

anyways the fuckers should have the drivers on their site to say the least!!!

here is a pic of the Vaio...

Last edited by marwan; 10 Aug 2005 at 06:06 AM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by marwan
    i'll say!

COMPOUND PWNAGE!

Anybody who knows anything about computers wouldn't touch a Vaio with a 40 foot pole. They're for end user poseurs.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

9. ok, we got the recovery CD and everything is back to normal. *phew*

10. Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlue
    Anybody who knows anything about computers wouldn't touch a Vaio with a 40 foot pole. They're for end user poseurs.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.