Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Awesome French Action Film, Banlieue 13

1. Quote Originally Posted by Brand X
    Great fucking movie, I just wish there was more of it. I said it in the TYG thread, an hour and 5 min is not a movie, it's a long TV show.
    Totally agree, but at least we don't have to sit through 30 minutes or so of filler.

ssb
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

2. I just went onto NetFlix yesterday and it was on my front page as a major recomendation to see. Needless to say I had put it at the top of my Queue
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

3. Quote Originally Posted by ssbomberman
    Totally agree, but at least we don't have to sit through 30 minutes or so of filler.
    Sadly I actually wish there was some filler, with the action dispersed a little more throughout the film. It would it have made it seem a little more complete to me. At just a few min over an hour it didn't seem like a complete movie. On the other hand, the movie didn't need an hour and 15 min worth of filler like Tony Jaa's movies, just a little bit more filler to make the story tighter.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

4. hello old thread, I just found out today that RZA is back to ruin even more movies with the american remake of this

despite the name of the movie being "brick mansions", it's not about paul walker at the fancy crypt

5. "We start da biddin at...dirty millyon!"

Holy shit, will someone tell clueless studio executives that RZA is to movies what Jar Jar is to Star Wars? He is the worst.

At least Paul Walker isn't being portrayed as some super-parkour dude, which would have been hilarious with liberal usage of body doubles and CG. But this still remains a "wait...what?" kinda remake considering how long after the fact it is. I mean, the original was a cool movie and all and I'm glad they're using the original star, but when I originally saw "Brick Mansions" in some Walker death article I assumed it was a drama or something, lol.

6. GI Joe Retaliation was one of the biggest piles of shit I've ever seen. Every scene was crap, every line of dialogue was horrible, everybody was terrible. That said, RZA was by far the worst part of the movie.

7. RZA had an amazing death in TYG2 but that was more due to the literal animated gifs they used for the explosion than his acting chops

8. I think the screen which said it was it was a remake went away faster than any other cut in that trailer.