Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 300GB HD for $100

1. 300GB HD for $100

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/4280824

God do I wish I had an extra hundred bucks right now. The $50 rebate only lasts until the 18th.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

2. Holy shit that's cheap. Really tempting too.

3. Can anyone rely on that HD? I don't like the idea of buying something that's too good to be true, only to have it burn out weeks after it's installed.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

4. Quote Originally Posted by voltz
    Can anyone rely on that HD? I don't like the idea of buying something that's too good to be true, only to have it burn out weeks after it's installed.
    Seagate is a great hard drive manufacturer, I've had the same drive in my setup for the past six or so months, there's nothing to worry about as far as quality is concerned.

5. I currently use two Seagate HDs and they are both amazing. Unfortunately, this deal came too close to the beginning of school so all of my money is tied into books. Fuck.

6. Just a word of warning on the rebate: My cousin's bought one or two things with Seagate rebates and the company that handles the rebates (based somewhere in Texas I think?) is pretty horrid. Took him months to get the rebates, and he wasn't the only one having problems. Apparently a lot of people were complaining on the Anandtech forums about the rebate company.

7. Rebates usually take a few months to get back.

8. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Rebates usually take a few months to get back.
    Six-eight weeks is what they tell you. This particular one let you check the status of the rebate online. He tracked it, saw it get approved, then randomly get unapproved stating that he didn't include the receipt or something (which he did), called about it, got it re-approved, went through more crap, and after four months and many phone calls he finally got it.

9. Odd. My Seagate rebate only took me about 5 weeks to get through. I've had nothing but positive outcomes with Circuit City and Seagate.

10. Quote Originally Posted by foreverand1day
    Seagate is a great hard drive manufacturer, I've had the same drive in my setup for the past six or so months, there's nothing to worry about as far as quality is concerned.
    FWIW, I got a Seagate drive a couple months ago and it died in 3 weeks.