Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Espgaluda II! (Placeholder for discussion)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    So that kid sent his score to Arcadia and that was Arika's fault because that kid probably broke an agreement they had with the kid? What would Arika gain if that kid posted a fake score?

Bottom line: They don't sell many copies and they don't make much money from home ports. Arika and Cave may have been on shaky ground, but even so, Arika would still publish Cave's game if they made much money. Cave went to another publisher and puts less stuff in the game and sells fewer copies than before.
    I never said whose fault it was and never blamed all of it on Arika, if anything it was a combo of the dumb kid they hired, Cave giving them a no-death PCB and Arika for asking for it in the first place.

If anything, it's been documented Cave doesn't care too much about porting things either way. Taito probably approached them, not the other way around. And no, they don't make "much" money but it is still a profit.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 13 Aug 2005 at 06:58 PM.

2. sweeetness i like the sound of this
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Tain
    WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AHHHHHHHH [/isamu]

I haven't even played Esp Galuda or Mushihime yet. Or DoDonPachi Daioujou. Still, I'm amazed these things seem to do so well.
    Play those shits right now, they're great!

Quote Originally Posted by UK Narayan
    WORDS. CANNOT. DESCRIBE.
    Amen, exactly what I said.

4. The Ketsui DVD has nothing do with this and Arika is still on good terms with CAVE. In fact, CAVE asked Arika to port Mushihime first, but Mihara declined because it would just be way too much work! You see from DOJ to ESPGaluda it wasn't so bad since they already had the engine down, but Mushihime is new hardware. He had a hell of a time trying to convince the marketing department of his company to let him do DOJ.

btw, I do not think the kid posted a bogus score (especially since Arcadia probably checks that shit). The problem is that he had an advantage over every other player at the Arcade. Why did he use a board like that? Because to fight DOOM (the true last boss of Ketsui) you must make it to the SPECIAL LOOP by completing the first loop with a NO MISS/NO BOMB.
    Last edited by Ryan; 13 Aug 2005 at 10:47 PM.

5. anyone know if Mushihime is still around for PS2, like was it an ultra low print run or when I have money in a few weeks will I beable to find it
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

6. No you will be able to find it.

7. Don't get me wrong...the games are fun but I really hate the theme. For some reason I just have to see a little ship or something else at the bottom of my screen on a shmup...not some teenage boy flying around like Peter Pan.

I know, I know.

I'm teh ghey.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    Anyways, I don't even own an ESPRaDe PCB yet.
    Better hurry. Prices are going up!

18 days until the AM show. (Maybe River Service will have a hot campaign girl too)

9. Play those shits right now, they're great!
    Eh, I'm just not sure if I can play shmups. I love the idea of them, but I don't know if I can pour that sort of effort into a game before I figure "eh, I'll never 1cc this" or something. I have such a backlog of stuff in the genre it's crazy.

Well... Someone. Quick. Name me one of the easiest shmups to 1cc. Mame, preferably.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Valgar
    The Ketsui DVD has nothing do with this and Arika is still on good terms with CAVE. In fact, CAVE asked Arika to port Mushihime first, but Mihara declined because it would just be way too much work! You see from DOJ to ESPGaluda it wasn't so bad since they already had the engine down, but Mushihime is new hardware. He had a hell of a time trying to convince the marketing department of his company to let him do DOJ.

btw, I do not think the kid posted a bogus score (especially since Arcadia probably checks that shit). The problem is that he had an advantage over every other player at the Arcade. Why did he use a board like that? Because to fight DOOM (the true last boss of Ketsui) you must make it to the SPECIAL LOOP by completing the first loop with a NO MISS/NO BOMB.
    Thanks for clearing all that up, Valgar.