Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Audio Atrocities

1. Audio Atrocities

http://www.audioatrocities.com/index.html
    Man, I though Stella Deus and Tales of Symphonia had bad voice acting, but the games here are really horrible. I think the most hilarious game on this site is Shining Force 3. I can't believe a game shipped with voice acting this bad. Here is my favorite clip from that game:
    http://www.audioatrocities.com/games...rce3/clip3.mp3

2. Dynasty Warriors 3 and Grandia are pretty memorable, but have you ever played Castle Shikagami? It's like it was double babel-fished, and THEN they had generic American guy and girl read off a steady stream of ridiculous nonsense.

3. EXCUSE ME, I'M IN NEED OF MEDICAL ATTENTION!

4. Yeah, Shining Force 3 had always amazed me.

IS DIS DE END?

5. I played a bit of Robot Alchemic Drive last night. It stands up to just about anything else I've heard in terms of crap-tastic.

James

6. My vote for awful voice acting has to go to the american dub of King of Fighters: MI.

Ugh, that was bad.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

7. Holy shit. That SF3 stuff makes me glad they didn't try to dub Panzer Dragoon Saga so close to the Saturn's death in the US. Jeez... wow.

Quote Originally Posted by James
    I played a bit of Robot Alchemic Drive last night. It stands up to just about anything else I've heard in terms of crap-tastic.
    If the poor acting in the game isn't intentional, then I have absolutely no explaination for it. Some of that shit never fails to make me laugh, but that damn professor and his grating voice... I can't listen when he talks.

8. Quote Originally Posted by James
    I played a bit of Robot Alchemic Drive last night. It stands up to just about anything else I've heard in terms of crap-tastic.
    I think that was kinda the idea. Let's not forget it's a tribute/parody of old anime with terrible, terrible voices, if it had good acting it would've been flawed.

And because no thread about VAs is complete without a sampling from SOTN:
    "I was called here by humans who wish to pay me tribute!"

9. I don't play enough games to recall bad voice acting off the top of my head, but I do think that Tales of Symphonia was laughably bad. And every ROtTK Koei game that featured voices. I left them in Japanese, more tolerable that way. Good lord.

10. Seriously, there is no American game voice acting that will even be as bad/good as Last Alert. That game set the bar way too high, and no game since then, even stuff like Castle Shikigami, got to its level. Part of the reason was that the lines were so bad and so funny at the same time.

This has always been my favorite, because when you think about it, he's kind of dogging on himself.
    http://www.audioatrocities.com/games...lert/clip4.mp3
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.