Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Espgaluda II! (Placeholder for discussion)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Tain
    Eh, I'm just not sure if I can play shmups. I love the idea of them, but I don't know if I can pour that sort of effort into a game before I figure "eh, I'll never 1cc this" or something. I have such a backlog of stuff in the genre it's crazy.

Well... Someone. Quick. Name me one of the easiest shmups to 1cc. Mame, preferably.
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2

On a serious note, Try Hyper Dyne Sidearms. It's a bit dated, but it's doable. (If you keep the combination power)

2. Quote Originally Posted by Tain

Well... Someone. Quick. Name me one of the easiest shmups to 1cc. Mame, preferably.
    Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

3. Quote Originally Posted by Giga Power
    Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting
    Currently playing: Binary Domain (PC), EVE Online: Retribution (PC), Guild Wars 2 (PC)

4. That 4th stage of Mars Matrix with the armada gets me every time. I can cruise up to that point, but there are one or two points that just seem physically impossible to get through, even the guy on the unlockable perfect vid seems to get lucky. Then I can cruise until I get to the last boss, who is just insane. I almost refuse to believe the perfect vid guy did it without slowing the game down. The number of 2 pixel spaces you have to fit through at high speed while changing direction is flat-out unfair. I always die at least 2-3 times.

If you want something that's challenging but not impossible to single credit, check out Giga Wing 2. The game's available domestically and really short - you can get through every board in a couple of minutes, so you don't have reams of patterns to memorize. Mastering the scoring system though - that's a whole different world of headache.
    -Kyo

5. I'd rather a direct sequel to Esp RaDe. Not that this won't be cool, but as long as they're putting forth the effort I'd rather it go towards the one I enjoy above all their others (and everyone else's, at that).

6. I just can't bring myself to care. It's like Capcom announcing a new Mega Man X game at this point... I know exactly what's going to happen, exactly how it's going to happen. Cave isn't good at varying their games to any reasonable degree (which is why Ibara was so interesting to me, even if it ended up being Garegga 2).

Maybe if it doesn't have the same damn bullet patterns they use in every one of their games I'll be interested.

7. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    If you want something that's challenging but not impossible to single credit, check out Giga Wing 2. The game's available domestically and really short - you can get through every board in a couple of minutes, so you don't have reams of patterns to memorize. Mastering the scoring system though - that's a whole different world of headache.
    What version of MAME is this on? Hook me up offline....

8. Another game I won't be allowed to play for a long time. I'd much rather have a PS2 port of Ibara annouced (if it wasn't already and I just missed it).

Cave shooters are like the Final Fantasy series. There are so many things that are different each time, but there are these small details that are always done very similarly that seem to bring them together almost like a series.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

9. Quote Originally Posted by Seven Force
    What version of MAME is this on? Hook me up offline....
    Sorry, I only know about the DC version, which probably goes for like $5 these days or something.
    -Kyo

10. Played the shit out of ESP Gaulda at AN, thought it was a blast...except the last boss. Totally lame. Here's hoping the greatness continues!