Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Espgaluda II! (Placeholder for discussion)

1. Espgaluda II! (Placeholder for discussion)

WORDS. DO NOT. DESCRIBE.
    Last edited by ∀ Narayan; 13 Aug 2005 at 02:55 PM.
    Currently playing: Binary Domain (PC), EVE Online: Retribution (PC), Guild Wars 2 (PC)

2. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

3. News of a new shooter is always welcome. However after Ibara and Mushihime I was kinda hoping their next game would be yet another fresh new character. In terms of character and art, Mushhime was fresher than this.

But maybe just maybe, since Mihara is such a Galuda fan maybe he will try to get a home port and Arika will be back with Cave?

Anyways, I don't even own an ESPRaDe PCB yet.

4. WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AHHHHHHHH [/isamu]

I haven't even played Esp Galuda or Mushihime yet. Or DoDonPachi Daioujou. Still, I'm amazed these things seem to do so well.

5. They don't
    Not the home versions, anyway. The arcade boards do quite a bit better

6. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    They don't
    Not the home versions, anyway. The arcade boards do quite a bit better
    It's a small print, as long most copies sell through they make a tidy profit.

7. I doubt it. There's a reason why the publisher of the home versions is different now.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    I doubt it. There's a reason why the publisher of the home versions is different now.
    What difference does it make if they jumped ship to TAITO? The reason Arika and Cave broke up is a long one and wasn't due to profit. It was a breach of trust story about a fake score posted in Arcadia. To sum things up quickly, Arika was producing a Ketsui rpelay DVD. Cave loaned them a test PCB (which was coded to allow the programmer/player to go through the game and not die so the DVD could be recorded even more easily, dunno WHY they thought that was wise) on the condition that the secret never got out that it was a "test" board.

Well, whatever kid Arika had play the game for the DVD sent his bogus score to Arcadia which published his score, word got out and Cave was ticked which broke their business relationship with them. Mihara is still on good terms with them though apparently since someone on shmups said he was there with Cave's people when they released Ibara a month or so ago.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 13 Aug 2005 at 04:35 PM.

9. So that kid sent his score to Arcadia and that was Arika's fault because that kid probably broke an agreement they had with the kid? What would Arika gain if that kid posted a fake score?

Bottom line: They don't sell many copies and they don't make much money from home ports. Arika and Cave may have been on shaky ground, but even so, Arika would still publish Cave's game if they made much money. Cave went to another publisher and puts less stuff in the game and sells fewer copies than before.

10. I thought Mushihime actually sold pretty well on release. I remember it being at the top of SOME chart, somewhere.