Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Announces 360 Pricing

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    I never understood why people were so against the game focus to begin with. Who wants all this downloadable media bullshit for something that isn't portable?
    I've always said this. "How expensive could this be without all of these features I'll never use?" The hard drive is something I'm willing to spring for because it enhances the experience completely. The DVD player doesn't. I have 3 DVD players in this house and never even considered Microsoft or Sony's consoles for viewing DVDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    If Rev launches at $200-250 and has a quality Mario game around launch, and decent pricing for their classic game DL service, it could REALLY put Nintendo back in the game.
    If Nintendo's download service is free, or 5 dollars a year (or whatever) it could work well. The key is having a good Revolution launch title. If the new Zelda delay was to push it back and enhance the game for a Revolution launch then I'm all for it. I like the fact that it's a gaming oriented machine and that's what i'm paying for.

This "Entertainment centre" is absolutely unappealing to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Quote Originally Posted by BrAnDX105
    You're the fool considering the seperate HDD will be $99.99.
    I said "my own HD." Buttcheeks.

btw www.xbox360.com has a bunch of interactive crap. Some of it worth checking out.

3. I made a thread on here stating that the next gen is going to be as expensive as buying a new mid-range PC. Everyone called me ridiculous and stated that MS wouldn't price themselves out of the market. Oops. Guess they were wrong.

Still planning on selling one billion X-Box 360's, MS?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    I said "my own HD." Buttcheeks.
    I severely doubt that will be possible without significantly modifying the system itself, the hard drives they are including arn't standard IDE of SATA hard drives. You could be right though.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

5. Quote Originally Posted by supermario
    Those were only the SquareSoft RPG's namely Final Fantasy III and Chrono Trigger.....oh and maybe Super Street Fighter II Turbo.

And they were fucking worth every penny.
    Super Street Fighter II Turbo never came to SNES, but Street Fighter II Turbo did

Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs
    I'd love to know why the wireless controlers are $50. A Wavebird is less than $30. What happened?
    Wavebird didn't have a built in rechargable battery. I'm sure the wireless standard it uses is different too, plus it still has the rumble feature.

Quote Originally Posted by RoleTroll
    Money does matter. Nintendo is leading with the DS and, incredibly, may lead with the Revolution.
    Are they leading with the DS? They just sit on the shelves where I work collecting dust, and we can't keep PSPs stocked enough, they fly off the shelves before we even get them in. We had to sell like 5 just last week from another store location.

Quote Originally Posted by Changeling
    I believe Virtua Racing was 90 dollars when it was released as well.
    That, along with Phantasy Star 4 were $99.99.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

6. Quote Originally Posted by cka
    lolller

I paid $650 for my ps2 in canada dollars but I'm waiting for PS3 anyway cause it has the games I want
    $650?

7. Quote Originally Posted by TobalRox
    Are they leading with the DS? They just sit on the shelves where I work collecting dust, and we can't keep PSPs stocked enough, they fly off the shelves before we even get them in. We had to sell like 5 just last week from another store location.
    Yes. The DS leads the PSP even in the US, and has a wider lead worldwide. As with the PSP launch, what goes on at GameStop may be totally different from what is going on at Wal-Mart.

According to this, it's 6 million DS vs. 2 million PSP:

http://forums.gamespot.com/gamespot/...topic=22806181
    Last edited by RoleTroll; 17 Aug 2005 at 01:07 PM.
    No gnus is good gnus.

Quote Originally Posted by BrAnDX105
    I severely doubt that will be possible without significantly modifying the system itself, the hard drives they are including arn't standard IDE of SATA hard drives. You could be right though.
    In the retail training course they said numerous times that you could use your own HD. Perhaps they were lieing... you never really know.

9. If the PS3 can get the Western developers the original Xbox had... well, I hate to say this, but I'm waiting for a PS3. This is some serious fuck-douchery.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    In the retail training course they said numerous times that you could use your own HD. Perhaps they were lieing... you never really know.
    Chances are you don't be able to, hell, just look at the image of the HDD in the bottom left of this image. Doesn't look like any standard external or internal HDD I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.